Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Ghetto :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

shuriken posted:

How did you get your printer to print laptops?

It's one of those 3D printers that are slowly becoming more common... pretty sweet.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

FISHMANPET posted:

Empty desks are for people who don't spend any time actually doing anything.
Or OCD people....... whatup :v:

edit: new desk today

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 14, 2010

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

FISHMANPET posted:

Seriously, only one of those pics on the first two pages is a non-mac, and that's just a Dell monitor they probably had laying around the studio for the product demo. I've always said that an empty desk is a sign of an empty mind. What is it with Mac people?

I'm pretty sure this has already been said on the same page, so I'll repeat something from the same page: OCD. I can't stand messy poo poo or things out of order.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

FISHMANPET posted:

My coworker has a Mac and keeps a pretty clean desk. He has ADD so he get's very easily distracted. My desk at is completely covered in a 4 inch layer of papers and other "stuff." I've got pens in a pen holder and a stapler and things like that. Maybe if I literally never interacted with any paper ever I could keep a clean desk, but that doesn't sound very fun. My computer desktop is also half full of icons because I don't care enough to clean it off. Spending the mental energy to sift and sort through that kind of stuff is usually pretty low on my priority list.

I'd lose my poo poo sitting at your desk. :(

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Woah. :barf: Don't google image search that.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

malefactor posted:

Yeah thats like over $500 worth of pot.
I wonder if the pricing rules in TCC apply here.... but a couple ounces isn't $500 unless you're buying really good poo poo (or you're getting ripped off).

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BorderPatrol posted:

Do you just mash those giant dock icons with your palm or something?

Holy poo poo, I didn't notice that. Those are xbox huge. :o

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Anyone have a desk setup under a loft bed? Trying to have two desks under a queen mattress. One at the foot, one at the head (facing opposite directions).

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

diospadre posted:

You ever mount a heatsink before around 2002?

Oh how I remember those loving AMD heatsinks that required the force of god on a screwdriver to slide over the tab on the socket.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Is that a 20"?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

glompix posted:

You mean HardOCP, right? I went there out of curiousity and holy poo poo these people are morons.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1609234

Are there any decent hardware forums? :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Because dorms.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Bottom Liner posted:

Your bikes are too drat clean :colbert:

Haha. It's been super dry up here - haven't seen rain in a few months.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Josh Lyman posted:

Just wait till the M-Audio and Swann fans come out of the woodwork.

Is that a negative thing? :v: I was going to make a suggestion like that or some self built Microbes.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Hahaha, how did you figure that out? Yeah, I got mine off etsy for Electric Daisy Carnival this year. The girls liked it, a lot. ;)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Livin' like poo poo over here.
Galant + Aeron
2010 13" MBP w/ 2.4 C2D / 120gb SSD / 1TB in optical bay / 8GB ram as normal usage system
Lenovo T400 w/ 2.53 C2D / 250GB HDD / 2GB ram as Linux box
Beyer Dynamics DT770 80ohm driven by JDS Labs CmoyBB

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Duck and Cover posted:

That's ridiculous.

Think about having an income/expenditure level such that $35k is acceptable disposable income. Not too ridiculous.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
From a couple of months ago:

Today

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 24, 2013

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Living like poo poo.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Etrips posted:

Do I spy some DT770s?

Yeah, hooked up to a CMoy BB :)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
e: derp derp herp

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Yeah, yesterday I decided I needed a bigger desk since I ordered a ZR22W to use in portrait next to my 27 iMac.

I reused my Ikea Galant legs / frame, cut a piece of finished plywood to 60" x 30", sanded the edges, stained and sealed the top, cut a piece of oak as front trim, stained/sealed the trim, attached the trim with a nailgun, filled the gap between the plywood and trim with a mix of stain/sawdust/wood glue, and then screwed it onto the Ikea frame.

I think I spent $40 because I had the oak piece and stain laying around.

I also built a footrest out of one 2x4, some wood glue, and some screws - though to be fair I built it as a step stool to get a motorcycle in/out of a full size pickup truck on a ramp. http://www.morelikehome.net/2012/10/day-27-build-simple-step-stool.html
This one except I extended the bottom step to be two 2x4 wide instead of one.

I'll post a picture or two when my ZR22W comes this week.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 17, 2015

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Etrips posted:

Please do. Sounds like something I need to do.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Light Gun Man posted:

Tell me more about that vertical monitor setup if you wouldn't mind?

HP ZR22W in portrait mode at 1080x1920. It looks really dim next to the iMac since it puts out about half the light, but it's the right size. I don't know what a better option would be but it works for $80.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I keep my irssi, Adium tabbed chat window, and a tabbed terminal window over there. I mainly use it for PyCharm, XCode, or Brackets.