Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

For Lack of a Better Name
Just got my new computer built and moved my desk to a more compact corner (we have a small house) in the spare/office room. The stand is holding my old laptop and acting as a mouse pad mount but when I can afford a high end monitor, it's going on that table next to me for graphic design stuff. The little shelf holds my scanner, drawing tablet, and gaming key pad. It might be a simple setup but I work for home and like to keep things minimal. I don't even have an optical drive installed since I'm using a portable burner (hidden behind the stand, on the computer).

And yes, I need a wired keyboard at some point but for now I'll make due with the little wireless one. I do a lot of typing from my lap. Josie (dog) is my editor and chief.

I really need to get more decorations for that wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

Misogynist posted:

Is that a... Border Corgi?

Bucket Joneses posted:

I believe it's called a Borgi (AKA The Cutest Dog In Existence)

She's actually a Cardigan Welsh Corgi, which is one of the oldest herding breeds. :eng101:

She's not a show dog but her uncle won best of breed recently. And she is very aware of how cute she is, prissy little bitch. :xd:

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

benisntfunny posted:

New iMac, new desk layout. (took two of them away).

I really like that dresser/cabinet behind your chair. And nice pad by the way. I wish we had windows like that. Gives it a welcoming feel.

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

insidius posted:

So question.

Is it possible to get monitor stands that will allow me to swing one monitor out of the way and put another in its place?

I have a PC hooked up to 30 inch Dell for my gaming needs and I have another 27 inch (Currently a TB display but might change this if the above is possible) that I use
for all my work related stuff with my macbook.

If I could just swing the 30inch in when I want to game then back out when I want to work or study etc that would be amazing.

*edit*

It appears the above is possible but I am having trouble finding one that could cope with anything over 27"

It's based on weight so if your 27" weighs less than the stands capacity then you're good to go. However, the stands are pretty expensive. This one holds up to 30lbs but it's almost $120. And the ones that hold up 20lbs are around the same price. Buying two would mean $220 (math fail) $240 just for the convenience of swapping out a 3" difference in monitor size. Personally, I think ThinkFear has the most cost effective solution.

inkblottime fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 18, 2013

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

Hiyoshi posted:

You don't have to add on anything. Just tie wrap your cables to the support beams on the bottom of the desk.

I'm forever a fan of these. They're cheap and re-usable.

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

MasterOfDemons posted:

Boom! New place! Much better workspace = Much happier me.

What kind of press is that in the second photo?

And why do you have laundry detergent as part of your decor? :xd:

Love the high view by the way. Looks like the perfect place to work or game. :)

inkblottime fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

PRADA SLUT posted:

I'm looking for a nice glass desk that matches the aesthetic of the room. Something clean, not that "cool 2002 dad office" Z-line poo poo. Anyone know?

This is what I'm currently using:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80221352/

It's compact, cheap, and simple.