Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

IsaacNewton posted:

Re-post of my desk, now with a proper picture. :)

Noveau bureau.. :) by Maxime Theriault, on Flickr

How is that phone dock working for you? I kind of want to get one for my Droid X at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well
I just wanted to thank this thread. I will be driving down to Ikea in Pittsburgh this weekend and picking up a Galant with T legs and possibly a new chair if I can find one I like that doesn't break the bank. I have a lovely glass top desk now that is falling apart a long with my chair. I don't have the space for what I really want, Galant corner desk with two extensions. Someday...someday.

I measured and it's going to be massive so I'm contemplating just putting my tower and everything else on top instead of underneath. Not sure about the speaker sub yet though, it makes a nice foot rest.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

New desk and chair from Ikea, the cat isn't. I'm surprised they don't sell them though because they have everything else.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

Martytoof posted:

My galant is probably more magic marker than it is factory paint at this point.

Still feels like the best $20 desk you can get. I wish I had a more natural wood coloured motif going on instead of black though.

I love mine and eventually want to get a corner and another 63" extension and have a gigantic desk with dual monitors on egonotron arms.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

Juriko posted:

also, muthafucking cable management.

I don't know if my lovely cordless drill will work but I need to attach mine still

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

Reacean posted:

New desk, new photo (Gallant Supremacy)

IMG_0305 by Reacean, on Flickr

What mat is that?

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

MEsean posted:

Is that a Das Keyboard? I really want a mechanical keyboard but finding one with backlighting that doesn't suck is proving difficult. Was thinking about just getting a Das.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

Kegwen posted:

Ducky DK-9008 Shine Mechanical Keyboard: http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/review-ducky-dk-9008-shine-mechanical-keyboard-glow-dark-duck

I hope you hate money.

Where does one buy this beautiful masterpiece?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

CubanRefugee posted:

As much as I love my galant, putting together Ikea furniture infuriates me, and if it didn't come with the allen wrenches, I think I would have lost my poo poo.

Putting mine together wasn't too bad, it just took a long time. I forgot about my cable organizer until I was all done and just kinda went "Well gently caress that". It's still sitting in the bag next to my desk.