Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.
My desk is cornered and really wide.. so it's more of a photo series. left to right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

devmd01 posted:

Thank you for reminding me what to do with the legos I have in my apartment. Now to get the many, many tubs of legos from my parents barn...

I'm slowly growing my collection. My plan is to have the large lego castle on my desk by the end of 2009.

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

I didn't even make an attempt to de-goon this desk. This is how I live, except usually there are 5 times more icons on the desktop.

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

spiny posted:

Mega STe :)

I just have the humble ordinary STe

I'm guessing you don't live anywhere near a fault line... or even a highway or train tracks.

I don't think I would even speak loudly near that avalanche waiting to happen.

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

jink posted:

Y'know, I've seen those lamps before and thought, "wow, those are pretty ugly. I wonder how that could work and look good."

You have answered my question. Thank you

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Stuntman Mike posted:

It is kind of jarring how the two monitors have a color temp so much cooler than anything else in the room. Pretty swank nonetheless.

Agreed, but a warm colored monitor would be awful, imo

Maybe a warmer Windows theme?

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

DethMarine21 posted:

My actual desktop is nothing special (yet) so here's my workbench / test center.

Click here for the full 1400x1050 image.

woo P4 :toot:

Is that a disemboweled camera on your desk?

Watch out for that flash capacitor. Can give you one hell of a shock if you forget to discharge it.

Of course I speak from experience, gently caress that camera.

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Slidje posted:

:blush:

New 2730p tablet. Its a really long story.

This would be so much funnier if I didn't have to deal with it for about 3 years of my life.

Repair centers and support centers apparently don't speak the same languages, because nothing ever gets relayed.

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

ErIog posted:

It's not that it's uncomfortably shaped, it's that it will frequently stop working. There's also the issue that you can't rest your fingers on it like you usually use a mouse so you're having to float your fingers above the front of the mouse. That's annoying as hell, and frequently I'll accidentally be resting my middle finger where the right mouse button will be which causes the left mouse button to not work until I pick my finger up.

I fully support this post. There was one cheapo Kingston mouse in the Mac lab at my college.. everyone wanted that mouse. The Apple ones are tiring to use.

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Sir Nigel posted:

My GALANT in black/brown is 63" wide. There's enough room on this thing for two 24" monitors and still have room to work on poo poo with books and whatnot. If you get a GALANT get the T legs, the A legs are not as good.

However, the largest (widest) desk IKEA makes is a VIKA AMON at 78" wide. If you look at IKEA's website just look up the VIKA products and there will be a VIKA AMON thats $50. (Because there are like 3 different sizes of the AMON desktop) Then you can choose what legs to get. And they have some pretty cool legs for the VIKA series desks.

The one near me had a VIKA on clearance the other day for $100, I'm very tempted to go buy it. 6.5 feet of pure unadulterated desk glory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

MitchFM posted:

drat I would luv to know what type of desk that is, perfect wat I need.
I'm fairly certain these were made by Staples when I worked there about 4 years ago.

A quick GIS search for "staples desk" says I'm right, but I don't think they make it anymore.