Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Sister Miyagi posted:

This is after I cleaned up

I am concerned that the shelf holding the CRT might not do so forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

^ Very nice.

Homemade "docking station". Also, love for putting speakers next to LCD monitors.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Nuntius posted:

Seriously, how does anyone live this much like poo poo?

I think the better question is "why would you take a photograph?".

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Corbet posted:

Am I the only one who uses their Laptop screen when connected to a different monitor?

I used to but gave up and bought one very big screen. The dual monitors used to piss me off - losing windows, applications opening poo poo in the wrong window, losing the cursor... etc etc etc.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

You people with your Ikea desks and kitchen countertops... you know desks are just four bits of wood nailed together, right? The one I posted earlier, I made myself in less than 15 minutes from scrap wood and it cost nothing.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

DevastatorIIC posted:

Five?
One for the top, two for the sides and one for the back to stop it falling over. Where are you putting this fifth piece of wood?

hyperborean posted:

If you look at his picture, it is pretty nice. You can make bare wood look quite good if you know what you're doing.
Thank you hyperborean.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Nick at Nite man posted:

The longer it takes you to realize the answer the better it is for us.

Oh I get it... ha ha ha?

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

adante posted:

an old setup of mine. Has since been replaced by a new stand and laptop but the premise is the same

This looks like the hospital bed of a long term (terminal case) patient.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

mutata posted:

A bunch of awesome poo poo

That chair is the only thing upfront about its price, and that's 4,500. You can buy a brand new Perodua Kelisa car for 300 more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

I spent a couple of hours yesterday sorting my wiring problem. I organised and routed all the cables and plugs, added extra powerpoints, and drilled holes in the side of my desk so just the plugs poke out and all the wires are hidden.

Just noticed that I can't raise the height of my monitor anymore because the I didn't leave any spare cable.