Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beska
May 16, 2007

I'm a Mac.

Newly updated to Snow Leopard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beska
May 16, 2007

I'm a Mac.
Oh my god Synergy+ with SynergyKM. :fap:

Beska
May 16, 2007

I'm a Mac.

GreatGreen posted:

What does SynergyKM do? I'm reading aroud but can't find anything other than a description that says basically the same thing as Synergy+.

It's basically a GUI for it, that sits in System Preferences so it isn't a standalone app. It's perfect for two reasons, for example, me: 1) I know gently caress all about coding and it hurt my brain trying to make it work, and 2) It starts up automatically when your computer starts up.

Beska
May 16, 2007

I'm a Mac.
Why do goons instantly jump to a liquid being a bodily fluid?

Beska
May 16, 2007

I'm a Mac.

timb posted:

I guess you don't remember that GBS thread about 2 years ago, where the goon was ejaculating in a nalgene bottle and keeping it under his bed. His girlfriend found it, asked him what it was and then freaked out...

I was going to say, this guy 'aint no The Detector. I hope not anyway. :ohdear:

shuriken posted:

How did you get your printer to print laptops?

I want one of those too. :v:

Edit:

Got off my rear end and stitched two images together, my desk:

Yes, Steve Jobs is my bro, we're tight.

Beska fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 14, 2010

Beska
May 16, 2007

I'm a Mac.

Milo Pollywalter posted:

^^ Very nice, what did you use to stitch the images? Also, what is driving the TV on the wall there (I can't even see any cables, nice job)?

Stitched with Photoshop. I was trying to do them manually then I discovered Photoshop had a built in option :doh:. My iMac is driving the TV in the pic (reading SA in 1080p :smug:) but usually I just watch cable or something on it (the 2 boxes on the table are a Sky box, and a Bluray player).

The cables are there, as OMGLOLetcetc said, just (badly) photoshopped them out because I'm going to try and hide them at the weekend and wanted to see what it'd look like. Sidenote, any suggestions on an easy way to hide them?

Edit: Cables look like this:

Beska fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 14, 2010

Beska
May 16, 2007

I'm a Mac.
^^ I am planning on drilling some holes, but I'm scared I'll buy that brand new BluRay2++™ player and be hosed, or something.

Edit:

Caged posted:

If your wall is plasterboard just drill a hole behind the TV and another one lower down and cover them with brush plates or something.

It's a supporting (outside) wall. :(

Beska
May 16, 2007

I'm a Mac.

ragzilla posted:

Is it solid brick though? Or is it drywall over studs attached to the outside wall?

Hmm. It's drywall over studs. Interesting, maybe I can do something with this then. I don't really like the look of the plastic things you put down the wall to hide the wires behind.

EnergizerFellow posted:

What kind of chair is that and where from?

Cream leather one from Amazon. I've tried searching for it but it isn't on there anymore. It was called "White Executive Officer Chair ULTRA MODERN" from Quatropi.

LegionX posted:

:cheers: Staedtler Triplus Fineliner friend!

I can't write with anything after these. They are aboslutely amazing. Too bad they are about £15, and I have to replace them every few months because the nibs rub down. :sigh:

mcyahwe posted:

Move the TV down so it's closer to the desk. The wires will be hidden in the shadow of the screen and you don't have to lift your head into an unnatural positions just to watch tv.

I think taking all the bolts off my wall, redrilling and rebolting the stand for just hiding the wire is quite a bit of effort. I often watch TV from the other side of the room anyway, and if I want to watch from my computer I just turn around. The bottom of the TV is about head height, I dunno if the picture's perspective is weird or something.

Beska
May 16, 2007

I'm a Mac.

EnergizerFellow posted:

Quatropi looks to be a reseller. Any manufacturer's name or part numbers/names anywhere on the chair itself?

I've just had it upside down and has a look, and nope absolutely nothing. As I recall, there were no obvious names on the box or anything either. :iiam:

Edit: If you've not found it already: The chair on the Quatropi website. It's in GBP and UK-based though, if you're across the pond. Not even the website lists a manufacturer.

Beska fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 15, 2010

Beska
May 16, 2007

I'm a Mac.

Tantalus posted:

I like this guys setup. Maybe it will give you a few ideas.

http://lifehacker.com/5396066/his-hers-and-the-media-center-a-compact-home-office

That looks absolutely amazing. I wish I worked at home.

I still need to justify spending £45 on the mStand. Then and only then will my desktop will be complete. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beska
May 16, 2007

I'm a Mac.

ptier posted:

Thanks to this thread I bought some of those, and I am completely blown away. Thank you guys so much for turning me on to them.

Have fun replacing them every other month because the nibs wear down!

The curse ... of the ... fineliners...