Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lowclock posted:

I don't mean to derail, but why are people making fun of CRT monitors? The only downsides I can see to them are higher power consumption and size. If you are destitute enough that you can't afford the power difference between the two, then you shouldn't be using a computer anyways, and I don't know of anything I'd really like to store behind my monitor.

Because they are giant, it's old technology and anyone who can afford some of the computers we're seeing here should be able to buy a decent LCD, and anyone who complains about ghosting either hasn't used an LCD in the last two years or it's all in their head.

I guess the only real reason to use a CRT is for more accurate colors, and even then I've seen plenty of professional graphic artists using LCDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

warwick5s posted:

It's actually a Fellowes keyboard tray. The mouse tray is a little wobbly and I'm going to have to figure out some way to reinforce it, but overall it's pretty decent.

I'm surprised how everyone here just throws their keyboard on the desk. That's bad for you!

My desk is too small to put the keyboard on top and it's pretty much awful to use.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Xaalouse posted:

He's asking why are your speakers setup like that, he's not asking about where you bought them from.

There's no place behind him to set up the rear channels. He only bought the 5.1 speakers because it's essentially two extra speakers for free and anyone would do that.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

real_scud posted:

Taken with the iPhone so it's a bit poo poo quality-wise, but just started a new job and of course have a new desk that I've since decorated appropriately.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Two monitors with silver edges are some older Dell's and the black one is a completely crap Dell that gets burn-in within minutes of it turning on but apparently we don't have any extras to spare.

edit: Oh and yes that's an Aeron chair, and I don't care what anyone says. For a chair that costs $1000 it sure as poo poo isn't that comfortable, and yes I've tried to adjust it to suit me better.

I'm liking the flag.