Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007
The alternative to anything is nothing.

(lovely camcorder picture)

This desk is so horribly made that the wire holes for connecting the top to the bottom are offset by an inch. I need to use a hook to get the wires through.

My keyboard is a 10 year old IBM KB9910 that I got in a lot of 10 from eBay from $10.

Lediur fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Feb 21, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007

Yeast posted:

Getting the new Intuos 4 in a few days, can't wait :)

Must. fix. webcam.

Brilliant picture though.

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007

Yeast posted:

I've got a soft spot for the iSight :(

(although its image quality is a little ordinary these days).

Not the type of webcam.

The positioning.

It's slightly to the left.

edit: Are those 24" Cinemas or 30"?

Lediur fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 4, 2009

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007

What's the resolution on that screen?

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007

Crush posted:

And why does that character look so familiar?

Mr. Incredible from The Incredibles.

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007
Does anyone have a good speaker stand that can support the weight of an AV40 speaker?

I have a pair of AV40s, but my desk is built awkwardly enough that my second monitor is right in front of the right speaker.

I just want a stand that can hold the speaker out past my monitor. There is desk support under the monitor, but not much support under the part I want the speaker to go.

Click here for the full 1200x578 image.

Sorry for the terrible picture, my camera's crap at low light

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007

TremorX posted:

The Mstand is awesome, but if you're using a 17" MBP don't bother. It barely fits, and when you open the lid the laptop is left sort of balancing on it, and tries to tip off the back a lot. As such, I hardly ever use mine unless I'm leaving the lid closed.

I'll admit, I'm a fan of the Mighty Mouse. It fits my hand perfectly, and when drawing in Illustrator it's awesome because I can make very small movements with just my fingertips anywhere on the body of the mouse and still be able to click. Yeah, the gummed up scroll-clit gets annoying, and I'm probably on my 6th mouse in 2 years, but I've yet to find anything I like better.

I tried an MX Revolution a few months back and I've never hated a piece of hardware more than I hated that loving thing. I've used a lot of lovely mice in my day (the Commodore 1351 comes to mind) but none of them have ever given me a blister on my thumb after a day. Add to that the lovely drivers & tools you have to install in OS X to get the goddamned thing to work, a shape that makes you hold it more like a joystick than a mouse, lovely tracking, and lack of genuinely usable horizontal scrolling. I get red-faced and angry just thinking about that hosed up abortion of an interface device. gently caress Logitech, I'll never buy another product from them after dealing with that. The rage I have for the piece of banana-scented monkey poo poo that is the MX Revolution burns with a fire hotter than every single person who has ever expressed a dislike for the Mighty Mouse combined.

But if you like it, more power to you, I guess.

Logitech's software for the Mac isn't the best.

But with uberOptions on Windows, my MX doesn't experience any of the problems you've mentioned. Couple that with the ability to bind any of the additional function buttons to anything, and this is probably the best mouse I've owned.

And, to be honest, I find it more comfortable to hold than a regular mouse, but that could just be me.

Tilt-wheel side scrolling still sucks though, I have to give you that.

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007

Rand McNally posted:

Think a bigger desk is in order.
(Not really, hopefully the laptop will sell because after using the netbook, it seems obnoxiously large).

What are the wallpapers for the laptops?

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007

Sporadic posted:

Bought a used desk off of Craigslist for $20. Throw in another $10 to replace some missing screws, put rubber tops on the legs and it ended up pretty nice. I'm just extremely paranoid that it will cave in and destroy all my goodies since it is a little wobbly :ohdear:

How did you get Fliqlo into foobar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007

Kruzen posted:

Well, here's what came of the add-on for my galant that no one wanted to input on.. Hope you enjoy!

Is that an external enclosure in the lower left hand corner? If so, what is it and where can I get one?