Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurich
Jan 5, 2008

Bucket Joneses posted:

I got some new monitors and some speakers (tired of headphones). Also picked up a printer (finally) and a new keyboard and mouse.

Basically the same poo poo as before but new output and input devices.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Hey Mikael buddy, sweet setup :)

Any chance of more info on the cable management? How does the pegboard attach to the base? I'm crap at things like this :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurich
Jan 5, 2008
Moved into my student digs last week :)

Mikael that I got for £15, Galant drawers that don't fit anywhere, random shelf, living like poo poo (need to borrow some cable ties from my housemate), stacks of design magazines, Wacom Bamboo, usual stuff.

Oh, and the comfiest chair you've EVER seen from Costco.

Some polishing left to do but I like my setup so far, the Mikael is a nice desk.

Zurich
Jan 5, 2008

moron posted:

Perhaps someone here can help me....

Can anyone in the UK recommend somewhere to look for a good desk, other than Ikea/Homebase/Staples? I'm after something pretty specific, and none of those places have what I want, and I really don't know where stocks a decent selection of computer desks. Obviously, the cheaper the better, but I don't mind spending the money for the right thing.

If anyone could recommend some shops/vendors/retailers to check out, then i'd be very grateful!
What are you looking for in a desk? I bought my IKEA Mikael about a month ago and it's miles better and cheaper than the nearest equivalents from Argos and Viking...

Zurich
Jan 5, 2008

Zwille posted:

That looks really nice - isn’t the bar stool uncomfy to sit at for long periods though?

Zurich
Jan 5, 2008
Fair enough, thats a pretty decent reason. My room came with a lovely plastic chair, perhaps I should use that instead of this comfy motherfucker (£40ish from Costco, I never want to leave it hence I’m at my desk most of the time :()

I haven’t posted in here since I moved flat, so…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurich
Jan 5, 2008

the posted:

I'm looking for a white minimalist designer desk.

Suggestions?
Could you paint a Mikael? (I’m sure they used to come in white?)
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10111489