Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
Working like poo poo

The only equipment in that picture that's not an antiquated piece of crap is that asus router that needs to be flashed to DD-WRT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
Stick some tape on there and then pull it off

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
oops, I quoted the wrong post.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

leedo posted:

Never actually got around to posting this:

That's an onkyo receiver, right?
What's the model?

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Lot 49 posted:

Why do you have a mac?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
You should probably get some bigger speakers for your massive listening space.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Nija posted:

To save money and differentiate yourself from a girl.

What if this is in fact a girl?

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
I picked up a craftsman drill for $30-$40 a while back and have used it to
hang shelves for my wife
fix or assemble furniture
drill eleventy different things while working on my car
Ikea isn't gonna do all that. Also get the whatever coated bits from harbor freight, $15 or so for a 32 piece set and I so far can't break them in situations where name brand stuff has. A drill is handy to have.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Steakandchips posted:

I disagree. If it were meant to sit out in the open, the panels would be solid and reach to the floor. Otherwise, ladies with skirts on might risk flashing people in front.

And I still hold to my opinion that the legs and the small table on top suck.

I'm gonna have to agree with you on all your points about this desk. It looks good in a catalog, won't work good in your office, whatever type of office it is.
You shouldn't have a small permanent obstruction built on top of the desk, it'll piss you off when you change your ideas about your workflow. Also computer dollies are dumb, where exactly are you going to roll that thing when it's trapped in by those annoying legs sticking out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Cizzo posted:

When I first opened mine after a few months it was more like a blizzard had just hit Alaska. It was like clearing the dust blanket off of your dryer.

You probably have radiant heat of some kind, vs forced air? my friend moved from an apt. with radiators to a newish house that has forced air. At both places he was/is incredibly anal about cleaning everything all the time. Literally if someone was in his kitchen and they dropped a crumb he would stop what he was doing and pick it up.
His PC was always clogged with dust at his apt. He dusted it out probably weekly. Now at his house, he hasn't needed to dust it out yet, in the 8 months living there. The difference is the furnace blower circulating the air through the filter.