Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ukiyo
Aug 21, 2008
Ok so i was waiting for a long time to get settled in, and admittedly took about an hour to prepare everything (and im still living like poo poo?) Most of the cable clutter is out of the way.

Click here for the full 2036x1527 image.

and here is a closer look of the computer set-up:

Click here for the full 2036x1527 image.

Where to start...

Ikea desk and chair (of course?)

Actual Desk and Computer:
lovely but largeish 20" envision monitor
Razer diamondback, icemat, cheap windows keyboard, bluetooth mac keyboard (long story), 250gig external, desktop machine I built with many donated parts (my thanks go out to max at https://www.redux.com (very entertaining site btw)),
Obligatory moleskines for random thoughts and an attempt at GTD
big-rear end mug

Sound:
Nakamichi re-3
Athena ls-100b's
Sennheiser hd 212pro's
re-used logitech 150w 9" sub (wired through the pre-out on the amp)

Scratching:
technics 1200 mk2's
modded lovely tascam xs-4 w/ nice vestax crossfader
shure m44-7's
edit: serato scratch live is hiding behind the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ukiyo
Aug 21, 2008
Haha.. no we don't.

There are three doors to my room, and because I live with roommates I like to be able to lock the one other door thats not my bathroom.

Ukiyo
Aug 21, 2008

I recently rearranged my room and this is the current setup... its gotten pretty close to optimal but I am waiting on a mini displayport to dvi adapter so I can start running the big monitor off of the macbook.

I wish this thread was more active ... its fascinating seeing people's setups.

Ukiyo
Aug 21, 2008

bout it flautist posted:

I've been using GeekTool for that. It is a little unstable (when messing with the size and variables it sometimes crashes, but otherwise runs fine on 10.6), but works well for what I want. There are scripts to display time/date and other such if you google it!

What scripts are YOU using? I found some results on the macrumors forums but I really like that font and stuff the way you have it set up.

Edit: I figured it out. Select shell from the drop down and type 'date+%l:%m' 'date +%a' 'date+%b' 'date+%d' in different entries.. then tweak settings to your hearts content!~

Ukiyo fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 18, 2010

Ukiyo
Aug 21, 2008

bout it flautist posted:

I see your edit but I thought I'd say, at least, I'm using Helvetica Neue UltraLight for the font. You seem to have the script down! I used to have the weather script but for some reason it deleted itself or something :confused:. I need to set that back up.

Edit: The weather code is as follows:

curl --silent "http://xml.weather.yahoo.com/forecastrss?p=YOURCITYHERE&u=f" | grep -E '(Current Conditions:|F<BR)' | sed -e 's/Current Conditions://' -e 's/<br \/>//' -e 's/<b>//' -e 's/<\/b>//' -e 's/<BR \/>//' -e 's/<description>//' -e 's/<\/description>//'

Go to this site, or google, to find your location's code and replace YOURCITYHERE with the location string.

Thanks ! Helvetica Neue ultralight looks super clean!

Ukiyo
Aug 21, 2008
I just cant get enough of this thread. Here is my latest configuration.

It is temporary until I move into a new place, but aside from a little cable crap I can't complain.

Ukiyo
Aug 21, 2008
If i grab the side of it and wobble it, it moves surprisingly little. I figure if there is a major bump (like an earthquake) it would fall over anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ukiyo
Aug 21, 2008

Martytoof posted:

Also I really like your view. Is that a garden, or.. ?

You could call it a garden.

I haven't done any gardening though -- it was like this when we moved in and it actually extends into the wilderness beyond this little patch. So far I've seen a rabbit, squirrels, several deer, bluejays, hummingbirds, and other little brown ones... sparrows maybe?

It's a nice break from starcraft 2 and web development anyways.