Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cnrkb
Sep 29, 2008

The internet is
serious business
[Hurf, wrong thread.]

cnrkb fucked around with this message at 11:46 on May 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cnrkb
Sep 29, 2008

The internet is
serious business

Photex posted:

My machine, nothing fancy. I moved to a smaller desk and lost my dual monitors.
Do you use your computer standing up?

cnrkb
Sep 29, 2008

The internet is
serious business
I'm only asking, because, ergonomically, your eyeline should be on level with the top of the monitor, with your triceps perpendicular to your triceps placed horizontally when using the keyboard. #

But granted, the perspective and height is difficult to judge from the picture.

cnrkb
Sep 29, 2008

The internet is
serious business

BOOM! DOCTA WATSON posted:

That sounds painful :(
Pff, painful, but ergonomic!

Let's rephrase it as keeping your elbow a 90 degree angle.

cnrkb
Sep 29, 2008

The internet is
serious business

FeloniousDrunk posted:

At work. I just made the backgrounds yesterday. Left screen is Linux, middle and right are Windows, all with one keyboard and mouse using Synaptic, which is the best thing ever. Also the keyboard is a 1984 original M-series which I just hooked up and am currently driving my office-mate crazy with.
Looks like you're working at NORAD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cnrkb
Sep 29, 2008

The internet is
serious business
Why don't you get one of those plastic mats?