Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Totterbottom
Dec 19, 2008
Phase 1 (waiting on a piece of the frame to arrive from Ikea).

lovely camera phone.
[img]http://img.waffleimages.com/b47b242c25299cb1ff8217189192cff05484cef2/IMG_0287[1].JPG[/img]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Totterbottom
Dec 19, 2008

Cizzo posted:

Pretty sure that's what's sitting on the side of drawers there. As he said, he's waiting for part of the frame from Ikea. I actually bought the table top and legs from Ikea once but forgot to get the frame with it. drat Ikea and their weird system.

This. I didn't see an extra bin reference for the additional frame piece (wasn't near the section displaying the tops or an additional reference in the warehouse where you pick up the boxes) and was trying to get out of the hell that is the actual Ikea store.

Harry Totterbottom
Dec 19, 2008

Hughmoris posted:

Wow, this seems like a great idea. Do you have any pictures of it being used at your place?

If you look back one page at my lovely phone pic. The thick black thing is this stuff. It's got a couple of patch cables running through it. I've also got all of the video, usb, keyboard and mouse cables running in one of them behind the 3 monitors. I love this stuff, you can pick it up at most Lowes in the network/cable section (only 5 ft pieces but it's 3 bucks).

Harry Totterbottom
Dec 19, 2008

FLX posted:

What do you guys use to fight the cable mess that's behind every desk as soon as you add more than a tower and a monitor?

I have cables hanging down from the whole width of my desk and beyond, going into the tower from various sources and back again, so regular cable tubes don't work for me.

Velcro ties and wire looms.

It's also good to try and coil some of the cabling on either side, if possible, to help control the length.

Harry Totterbottom fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 1, 2010