Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!
So question.

Is it possible to get monitor stands that will allow me to swing one monitor out of the way and put another in its place?

I have a PC hooked up to 30 inch Dell for my gaming needs and I have another 27 inch (Currently a TB display but might change this if the above is possible) that I use
for all my work related stuff with my macbook.

If I could just swing the 30inch in when I want to game then back out when I want to work or study etc that would be amazing.

*edit*

It appears the above is possible but I am having trouble finding one that could cope with anything over 27"

insidius fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Apr 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

ThinkFear posted:

Why not just use one monitor with two inputs or a kvm?

I did this.

Its not the optimal solution due to my work but to be honest neither was that optimal.

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

Mitsune posted:

I think he means the coating on the screen.

Which is actually an issue. Its quite apparent on my 30 inch but over time I have learned to tolerate it. When I am gaming at the very least its hard to notice, its primarily when working with text.

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

geera posted:

Also, any thoughts on A vs. T legs? I normally wouldn't care, but I have a 6 month old and want to get whatever will be the sturdiest for when she starts toddling around and pulling on things.

I went with the T legs. In my personal opinion I just felt they looked better really. Im sure both are equally good.

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

TenementFunster posted:

yeah, no way a company is shelling out for a super luxury office chair unless they absolutely have to. buy your own, nerds.

Good lord I am lucky. My boss only ever orders those Herman Miller Aerons. They are truely good like, I have sat my arse down in one now at work for near seven years and picked one up last year for home. Got work to order it using their discount. Best chair ever!

I can say without hesitation that it is far more comfortable than my couch. Im still in love with it even after all this time.

*edit*

This post may make more sense if I noted that every job before this had 60 dollar office works specials. Never going back, they will have to take me kicking and screaming.

insidius fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 22, 2013

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

Coolnezzz posted:

I used it for a day and couldn't read a thing on it. It was promptly replaced the next day:

What size monitors are they if you dont mind me asking?

24?

*edit*

I am retarded, what other size could they possibly be :\

insidius fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 17, 2013

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

codo27 posted:

cleaned off my desk today

You missed a spot. Or two.

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

dema posted:

Just cleaned my office, so:

Desk is a Gladiator 8-Feet adjustable height maple workbench. Ridiculously heavy and solid. Love it.
30" Dell screen and 13" MacBook Pro.

PC case is a disaster. Should do something about that.

edit; whoops. Not much has changed since the last time I posted my desktop here. Sorry.

I love it, very clean setup. Simple, structured, clean. Awesome.

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

Moreleth posted:

Yes, it is a 50" 4k Seiki and I positively adore it.

I have the 39" inch at work and its absolutely fantastic for what I do. Net/systems engineer.

Im totally considering one at home, at work I have it flanked by two 24" 1080P monitors and its just glorious for productivity.

*edited*

Haha, listed 27 inch instead of 24. Strange.

insidius fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 25, 2015

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Maybe. I only have the one, though. I would like a second, but I can't afford it right now. If I do get a second, I'll definitely need at least one on an arm.

My desk is solid wood on the back and sides, but I have never looked up how to mount an arm.

There is not much to it. I have an Ergotron LX and it simply uses a plate with a hand crank to attach it to any flat surface. I got one to mount my 34" wide screen too. Its a tremendous improvement in usability.

Its strange for years I could never justify the cost for what I assumed the returned benefits would be however upon reflection, one of my best purchases for sure.

Highly recommended.

insidius fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

Dick Trauma posted:

What's your electric bill like?

EDIT: As an I.T. person I bet this is what my coworkers assume my home setup looks like.

When I was still employed and working from home (Systems/Network engineer) this is not far off what my home office setup looked like. Only this one has more anime and is far more organised than mine.

On the plus side it was the best room in the house during the winter months.

Now that I am just an unemployed bum I just have one monitor and system like a regular person. Its nice.