Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

Scuttle_SE posted:

So I did some upgrading of my hardware this Christmas

How's that Antec case? I'm about to pull the trigger on a new i5 system and can't decide between blowing the money on that case, or just going with a cheap centurion 5 by cooler master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Got the desk for $2.50 at a university supply decommission store, is about twice the size of what I had before it (awesome). It has two slide out panels above the top drawers for more "workspace". I use it to lay my right arm on while gaming. :smug: Depth is enough to completely hide my centurion 5 case without kicking it (too often). I have speakers off to the right, sitting on a wardrobe. I don't care to much about surround, as I do loudness in every direction, so that works out alright.

I tried to get the TV to work as a second monitor, but for some reason I can't get my 5750 and dvi-svideo adapters to work correctly :(

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

FLX posted:

Is that one of those control-everything-remotes for the elderly? :D I almost bought one of them for $10 recently just for shits and giggles.

Yeah. I got it on a 2 for Tuesday on woot. I like the large size because I lose remotes, phones, etc, like a mad man. I use one of them while at the desk, the other is for the bed, which is literally 4 feet to the right.

Works out great. :)

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

ptier posted:

I'm assuming a VT Saturday Auction where Lamp iMacs can go for $$$?

Why, yes. That's exactly where I got it. :D

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

BorderPatrol posted:

Brother-in-law

poo poo, I know he's your brother in law, but tell him to clean that poo poo up. That's your place, and he has no right to treat it that way. What an eye sore.