Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evale
Dec 20, 2009
I haven't looked back since I used gaffer tape to tie my cables together and to the desk. It was meant to be a quick fix, but don't really see a reason to upgrade to cable ties or Velcro.

evale fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 21, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evale
Dec 20, 2009

Bucket Joneses posted:

Just hope wherever the cables are doesn't get too hot. Even though gaffer's tape is pretty reliable for not leaving residue, once it gets heated up that all goes out the window.

e: what he said

Well, sheeeeeeet.

I checked and couldn't find any residue at all. And it peeled off pretty easy too. Moving out in a month, so might get some cable ties then.

evale
Dec 20, 2009
Here's my desktop.

Inspiron 1525, around 2 years old. Fairly new Logitech 2.1 speakers and an old, old, old SyncMaster for my second monitor.

Cables underneath.

Desk lamp for ambient lighting to ease the stress on my weary eyes.

evale
Dec 20, 2009

JerseyMonkey posted:

What jackass thought it was smart to put an audio jack at the front of the laptop? Friend had that, so annoying having that big audio cable sticking outward.

The little jack jutting out doesn't really bother me though. And like a few others said, it was probably meant to make it easier to plug in earphones 'on the go.'

Phillyt posted:

Awesome Motorhead poster from the first album! I've been on such a huge loving Motorhead kick the past month or so. That first album is just so good.

:rock:

evale
Dec 20, 2009

Chopper posted:

Apart from you have to be some kind of programming genius to configure the right combination of plug-ins to make foobar user friendly and look even reasonably pretty.

That's what I thought before I started using it, but the out-of-the-box themes and plugins are super easy to use and configure. Plus adding some awesome functionality simply means downloading a dll file and copying it into the components folder.

I can have my foobar working and looking the way I want in minutes.