Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

It's a bit cramped, but it works. Can't imagine being able to upgrade my secondary screen though. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

jassi007 posted:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99852114 Basic galant corner desk, $160.

Had this exact desk configuration before I moved out, with the computer in the corner. The wheels of the chair kept bumping against the leg of the desk to the left, which was pretty annoying. Easily solved by rotating it so the wheels missed the leg, but still managed to drive me nuts.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

Dirty posted:

-The Lightwave 7 book is still in a bookcase behind me.

Inside Lightwave 7 is a good book! I have it as well. :>

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

singe posted:

Moved into my apartment this afternoon so everything is uncharacteristically clean.

Picked up a used Galant desk for $100 and it came with the extension, PC holder thing and cable management system. Matching desk lamps were only $4. In short, craigslist is pretty awesome for finding old office equipment.

Only thing I need now is a better chair.

You will regret getting that black galant. The paint is poo poo, at least on mine. Use a mouse pad unless you want a wood colored desk.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

glompix posted:

I've had mine for 3 years and no problems yet. Just some marks where the cat has chewed on the corners. How long have you had yours? :ohdear:

About 2 years. I'm a student though so I spend most of my day at this desk instead of just a hour or two at night.

It has held up fine everywhere but where I use the mouse and some scratches where I have moved my monitor around. If I had a mouse pad it would have been fine I think.

If yours has held for 3 years you're obviously not as careless as me so it'll be fine. :P

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I recently rearranged my room. I need to find my prints to hang on my walls as some areas look too bare.

Best computer case! Antec 300.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

MW posted:

Those of you with a setup like this, how comfortable is it to have the center of focus being between the monitors? I have tried it, but couldn't never get used to it. I need to have one monitor that is the "primary" monitor and to have it straight ahead. My optimal setup is to have a ~24" in the middle running 1900x1200, with one 4:3 19" on each side running 1600x1200.

Or just get a 2560x1440 monitor. I prefer it to a bunch of small screens.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

lovely picture but I guess you can see what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

I honestly don't see the appeal of the bump when typing. Red supremacy.