Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syphon
Jan 1, 2001

Bucket Joneses posted:

Some OCZ thing I got off Newegg.

This is it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823227002

Be aware, the key layout is a little funky. It has a tiny left-shift button which is annoying.
WTF? It's kind of a UK keyboard (the |\ key next to the left shift key is how UK keyboards are laid out) but the rest of it is US, even having the same drat key between enter and backspace!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syphon
Jan 1, 2001

identikit posted:

@s above the 2. UK keyboards have it above '.
That's why I said 'kinda'. It's a US layout with a weird addition of a single UK key (cutting the left-shift in half to add a second |\ key).

syphon
Jan 1, 2001

mrk posted:

New mount \m/

Ergotron MX
Hey there Hazro monitor buddy. Your post makes me want to buy a new mount for my monitor!

syphon
Jan 1, 2001
I'm a lefty too, but I use the mouse with my right hand. As someone said earlier, I'm slightly less dexterous with my right hand, but it doesn't cause problems in FPS games or anything. The only thing I can't do is draw/write with MSPaint, because I'd be writing with my 'off hand'. It's kinda weird, actually.

syphon
Jan 1, 2001

Nigel Tufnel posted:

Can you send me your wallpaper? I have a thing for cityscapes... especially high-res, widescreen ones!

syphon
Jan 1, 2001

syphon^2 posted:

I cleaned up a bit, then went to take the pic. I felt bad that my MacBook Pro was being left out, so I threw it on my desk, even though it's not doing anything there. I also wanted to show off my new Hazro HZ24Wi monitor.

Click here for the full 1406x980 image.

Bumping the thread just so I can quote myself with my new rig. I moved, bought a new desk, sold the old PC (and am now using the MBP exclusively), and even got a new username! About the only thing that's the same here is my monitor and MBP.

Click here for the full 1408x1056 image.

syphon
Jan 1, 2001

glompix posted:

Sup Galant buddy. Setup is before is largely the same as previous posts, but moving into a new place.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Looks like we're Logitech G5 buddies as well.

syphon
Jan 1, 2001

dlmachine posted:

What are you using to "dock" your MBP in that shot? How stable is it? I used to use an external monitor with the lid closed on the MBP, but got sick of the extra desk space it was taking up. This seems like a nice solution.
I bought this from an Apple store nearby. $50, but works great. - http://store.apple.com/us/product/TW852LL/A

dlmachine posted:

Also, how do you normally power up? I used to just hit the power button and close the lid during boot, but I imagine that's not terribly convenient with that configuration.
Just click the mouse or tap the keyboard. I don't normally shut down (just sleep), so it powers up via USB input. A real power up is more involved, as I'd have to power it up while open, then close it (putting it to sleep), then putting it in the stand and waking it up by USB input.

dlmachine posted:

Love the clean setup, btw.
Thanks! I love the cable-management stuff from Ikea, which allowed me to have such a clean setup.

syphon
Jan 1, 2001
I have a galant with the corner legs... but it's not an L desk. The T-Leg setup was, $20 more I think? I think the corner legs look goofy, but i think they'd be MORE steady than the T-Leg (since the stance of the desk is wider).

As Steakandchips said, my desk is sturdy as gently caress. No wobble at all, and I could probably jump up onto this thing without problems.

EDIT: Quoting myself so as to include my picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syphon
Jan 1, 2001
My old boss said it really well - 'I spend more time in this chair than I spend in my own bed' - when I asked him why he spent so much on some fancy Aeron.

I still haven't bought one myself, but I'm grateful my company did!