Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

It works, pretty much all there is to say.

Edit: Sorry, wasn't thinking. Resized.

Endymion FRS MK1 fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Just moved into a new apartment, getting a new computer desk and chair for Christmas from an uncle.

Not pictured is the 30ft of ethernet strung across the floor from the modem to this room. I highly doubt I can run the cable through the walls by drilling and stuff, so does anyone have any good ideas on how to hide/make this more convenient? I was just going to duct tape it above the doorways along the wall to this room instead of keeping it on the floor.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Wario In Real Life posted:

There's this new thing called wifi that might help.

I prefer wired.

ColHannibal posted:

Go to home depot to the place they sell coax cable and look for these little things, and run it along the baseboards of your place.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000HSGM20

It crosses a doorway too, will that work going up and around the doorframe?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

New desk for Christmas, still need to dust, still need some posters to put up. This move has made me lazy.

Also, roommate wants to string lights up on the wall for some reason.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Actually got speakers now, think we're done.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

prom candy posted:

Couldn't even smooth out the folds in your Skyrim map before hanging it on the wall? Living like poo poo.

Ah, but the Skyrim poster is not mine. He owns that, the Pokemon poster to the right (not in the picture, also folded), the Charmander/Quilava, Aquaman, turtle, shiny Pokeball, and the Tardis. Rest is mine.

And I roll my posters :colbert:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Cleaned up my desk a bunch, got rid of a lot of the tacky stuff of my roommates (Aquaman action figure, Pokeball, Pokemon mini things, USB mini-fridge, Skyrim and Pokemon posters that were folded and not rolled up), as well as some dumb thing I had (hand grenade, bullet casings, two haphazardly placed old video cards that I tried to made a decoration but ended up just being clutter).

For reference, here's the old one:

Also cleaned out up all the cords inside my computer.

Before:

After:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Took me a while but I finally unpacked my gunpla from when I moved back in, and actually cleaned the desk off. Still need to vacuum though.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Hollow Talk posted:

I'm reasonably sure those plastic blobs are going to get stuck in your vacuum. :colbert:

They're well armed enough to get out.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

New desk! Need to paint where the shelf used to be. Torn on whether I want to keep the modmat or just use the bare desk

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I just thought it looked neat on my desk :shobon:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Electric Bugaloo posted:

or you could just have a partner who’s ok with your goofy hobby poo poo or keep it somewhere discrete and appropriate like a home office.

Like you’re probably not wrong in a general sense but this whole “W.A.F”/“ :females: don’t like x goofy nerd poo poo” is reductive and kinda sexist and often untrue.

Yeah, I kinda was wondering about all of that. My girlfriend is ok with it, we have our separate hobbies. Computer is in the basement along with the daughter's Xbox, it all works out.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Finally got around to painting, plus got some new speakers and an amazing new mouse

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

That is my basement, and it's had daylight forever. My mom did the whole "daylight everywhere" thing and it drives me nuts every time I go over there

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Decided to take the mat off, I like this cleaner look. Now to figure out what to do with the modmat

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

IuniusBrutus posted:

Mutant detected.

It's because my mouse is on the wrong side isn't it

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Electric Bugaloo posted:

maybe it’s because you apparently spell your name “Bryan”

Also a valid point

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Changed things around from last time I posted but it's still mostly the same

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

The Lord Bude posted:

Who are these people exactly?

Aside from fringe groups of vintage gaming enthusiasts who exactly is using the arrows or numpad in a video game?

Hi it's me, I'm the weirdo that uses a mouse in my left hand and arrow keys to move. I remap everything to be clustered around that area. Use is always right shift, crouch is right control, reload is numpad 2. I've done this for over a decade and no one will stop me

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Got some new keycaps and a wallpaper to match, and a signed mousemat

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Zedd posted:

The RG Eva better either be offscreen or in that case.

It got damaged when I moved :(

I'm constantly tempted to buy this to replace it though:
https://www.yourwobb.com/products/18k-k124-eva-01-test-type-evangelion-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Ziploc posted:

Where do I get the lego tofu machine.

https://aliexpress.com/item/1005001...63bc5c51&is_c=N