Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Have sinced changed the wallpapers (did it for a razer competition a while back)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Safetyland posted:

What do think about 3 monitors? Would you do it again? What are you using for a video card?

That's my current set up. I really like a 3 monitor setup, but utilising really just depends on what I'm doing. For gaming ill have middle monitor for games, right one for streaming software/general poo poo, then on the left will have whatever I'm watching.

Currently using an inno 3D gtx970 all monitors hooked up to that

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Moey posted:

I think he should get three matching monitors?

Yeah it irks me a bit too, however the outside 2 were bought together and i cant find them anymore, looks like they dont make them

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

RhoA posted:

Since you don't game across all three monitors, is having the same model for all three that necessary? I use two different monitors and haven't really noticed it being that much of a problem. Sure there are differences in image quality and color between the two, but since I don't tend to do many things across both monitors at the same time, I don't really notice it that much.

It doesn't bother me too much, its more just the top of them don't line up, the middle one is slightly higher up, they are all the same brand so I guess that's something.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

have whatever window you want to close on the right screen..

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Finally added monitor arms to all monitors, got all my desk space back finally!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Can anyone recommend a really sturdy desk to support 2-3 27" monitors on brackets? Preferably wooden

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

AmericanGeeksta posted:

I'm also curious about optimal monitor height, as I thought mine were fine, but I find myself hunching over still :(

In theory if your posture is right the top of the monitor should be eye level. I usually have mine just above eye level but i dont think i have good posture and i prefer to look up slightly

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

To be fair that keyboard isn’t a topre so it’s almost definitely a cheap POS too

Yeah but Topre are just fancy rubber domes so...

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Wasabi the J posted:

I will loving fite u

:iamafag:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

necrobobsledder posted:

You have no option when you have cats. Either that or you don’t mind them electrocuting themselves

Same with kids.

I've got 2 cable cages under my desk that house my power strips because my kid kept crawling under the desk attempting to unplug stuff

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

What's the keyboard?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Still not sure about having the laptop on the desk as it takes up a lot of room but currently don't have another option. Might find a way to put it on the wall in some sort of holster.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Saukkis posted:

You don't seem to have a gap between the desk and the wall, so put the laptop vertically between the monitor and wall.

I actually ended up doing a total overhaul of the desk

Have since cleaned the monitor

Laptop is now tucked in next to the tower

im going to improve circulation inside the cabinet by cutting a hole out the side and putting a grill on it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

excellent bird guy posted:

That split keyboard you had on the desk looked very ergo, real nice one. Why replace it with the flat keeb?

It's not been replaced. I just havnt hooked it up yet.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

colas posted:

You can use an ipad as a screen? Neat. Can you do that with an iphone or ipod touch?

I dont think iPhones support sidecar yet.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

You can get these hard plastic sheet things from Ikea/The internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bohemian Cowabunga posted:

What's that light fixture?

loving expensive is what they are.