Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mons al-madeen
Jun 20, 2001

you will experience beer.

noydb posted:

Can anyone post examples of "door desks"? I'm fascinated by the idea of making my own desk. I love a TON of room and big drawers. It's hard to find a desk that is durable and has a ton of space for less than $600.00. I've done some googling, but even with image search I can't find too many decent examples. Does anyone around here have a similar type desk?
I was thinking of getting a plain solid core door with the doorknob hole bored through it already at lowes. They sell them for 50 bucks and the doors are 1.5-2 inches thick. I could use the hole for my cabling. Was thinking of getting two filing cabinets to put this door on.
Anyhow, any good examples out there would be appreciated.

My mom had one for years and years, it was just a door resting on top of two half-height file cabinets. There may have been some simple velcro holding the door to the file cabinets, too.

It was enormous and heavy but it fit her needs perfectly and it was exactly what she wanted. Then when she wanted it gone, it was a door and 2 file cabinets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mons al-madeen
Jun 20, 2001

you will experience beer.

hatersg2haet posted:

Where do you get a glass desk like that?

i, too, want to look down at my own dick while using hte computer