Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strict 9
Jun 20, 2001

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Lt. Jebus posted:

Just finished setting up my His-and-Hers home office.

Still a little work to be done, but overall I like it:

Nice setup. You must really enjoy looking at your wife!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strict 9
Jun 20, 2001

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Roman posted:

Why are you blocking that door?

We don't talk about what's behind that door.

Strict 9
Jun 20, 2001

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Steakandchips posted:

I disagree. If it were meant to sit out in the open, the panels would be solid and reach to the floor. Otherwise, ladies with skirts on might risk flashing people in front.

And I still hold to my opinion that the legs and the small table on top suck.

The Jerker has those panels, though not as tall. I'm pretty sure it's to keep the desk from wobbling back and forth.

Strict 9
Jun 20, 2001

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Really digging my new work layout. Got a new i5 27" iMac as my main computer. I took down the partition that was normally between my desks and moved my two PC's (controlled by synergy) down there.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Strict 9
Jun 20, 2001

by Y Kant Ozma Post

strayan posted:

Is that a desk fan next to the iMac?

Make and model please.

That it is. Gets drat hot in here. Too many old ladies who get chilly when it's colder than 75.

Anyway, it's a Vornado 540B that I got on Woot for $22. Works really well, though the high setting sounds like a prop plane. Low makes it plenty cool though.

Strict 9
Jun 20, 2001

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Vinlaen posted:

What desk do you have? (is that the Ikea Galant + the galant drawers?)

Hmm, I guess it does kind of look like that. But no, it's part of an office desk system from Staples meant for businesses (i.e., really overpriced)

Strict 9
Jun 20, 2001

by Y Kant Ozma Post

strwrsxprt posted:

It's been a while. Time for an update, this time from a new angle!

The monitor got swapped (Dell U2410), router got swapped (AirPort Extreme), Xbox 360 got swapped (Elite) and got banished along with the PS3 to the bookshelf. PC probably got updated a few times too, but it's still the same case. Oh and there's a cute little Mac Mini on the desk now too. :3:

It's awesome having every device hooked up to a single display with room still to spare.

Hey non-top-piece-Jerker buddy! Don't see many of those. I loved this desk. I just moved into a house with a built-in office and sadly had to relegate it to the garage where it now holds leaf bags :(

Strict 9
Jun 20, 2001

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Bob Morales posted:

My retinas!

Yeah, I was going to say, I think that paint color would make me randomly lash out and beat people out of sheer agression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strict 9
Jun 20, 2001

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So this is actually my office desk, but I've tried my best to make it feel like home. I used to work upstairs in a cubicle setup with low walls and 6 chatty women. There was this room in the basement that was unused but quite dreary - gray tiles, dusty, and a few dozen boxes of paper stacked on tables. So I cleared all that out, took the company credit card to Ikea, and did the place up all nice.

I really like darker environments to work in, in terms of lighting, so I just have three incandescent lamps around. There are also three half sized windows for natural light.

As for the desk, it's an Ikea galant with a square extension on the left and small round extension on the right. The computer is a few weeks old, a 27" iMac which replaced nearly the same 27" iMac from a year ago - except this time, with a SSD built in.

I've also been using the magic trackpad for about two weeks. I hated and despised it the first three days, but now it's completely natural.