Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Just reorganized. Thought I would contribute.

Click here for the full 1024x683 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

jp82729 posted:

Here's my Galant setup. Much better than the crappy glass-top desk I used to have:

What about that little hutch? I'm looking for something like that for my setup, and didn't see it on Ikea's site. I've got that same lamp, and a similar colored corner desk (you can see it on the previous page)

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Sir Nigel posted:

I think its an accessory for a different table though it fits perfectly on the Galant, I have one too. I'll see if I can find it on the Ikea site.

edit: Oh I remember how they do those. I'm not sure if you can get this online, but if you go to an Ikea you just buy one of the table extensions without the frame support (mine for instance is this but without the frame supports one here) and then they have these little legs you buy that just raise it up 6" or whatever it is. The one in the picture above appears to be this one here. If you have to order online I'm sure if you call the order in you can probably get a non-framed version to use as a hutch (as well as the little legs you need) and they come in all the colors the Galant Desks come in. And I don't know about the other guy, but, on mine the little legs aren't actually attached to any specific points, they are just free standing under the extension piece so you can position the legs however you want (as long as its stable :v:).

SWEET

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20054563

plus http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S79848118

In black-brown might just do the trick The actual hutch made for that desk costs some awful amount like $350:

Click here for the full 1024x683 image.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

PopeOnARope posted:

How do you manage that? I can't stand my arm hanging out, especially not over the corner of the desk like that.

Looks like there will be more desk filling in there soon.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

It's like coffee cupping or wine tasting. There is a level of sensory perception that so few people care about, there are not specific words to describe the sensation. The best people can do is relate the sensation to common experiences.

It's also kind of like stoned people saying "I know exactly what you mean"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

canyoneer posted:

I really like the Steelcase Leap. I use one at work and it's just dandy.

I have a leap. I couldn't resist the one they have in their marketing photos with the brushed metal base and orange-red color. I love it. 10 years of everyday use and there is no noticeable wear.