Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Unacknowledged posted:

Look at those rear end grooves.

And you know the chair squeaks loudly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She's probably 13 years old

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why do you have a separate laptop just for email and IM?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

edit i'm stupid

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 12:11 on May 22, 2009

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hah, that's what happens when I'm up for 25 hours straight studying for finals :(

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Al iMac 24"
Logitech MX Revolution
Apple bluetooth keyboard
Creative T40 Series II speakers
Samsung HL2140 laser printer w/ Headcrab plushie on top
Huge loving fan

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I had one of those iMacs years ago. Those round speakers are the worst I ever heard. It even used proprietary audio cables and the computer had a specific port just for that speaker.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah, when I see setups with amazing cable management with zipties and such I just think about what a nightmare it must be when you have to change something.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Instant Stalker posted:

For a desktop, I can't see the benefit at that price. For a laptop though...

IBM thought it was a good idea to do this:

Not sure what kind of person would use that, but lets say they do exist. Now, you can do that with any of your laptops. I can see that mimo usb monitor being a slick addition to a netbook.

It's actually Lenovo, not IBM. The W series includes a wacom tablet next to the touchpad, so it might be good for photoshop and its palettes

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Subwoofer on top of your desk :psyduck:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Stupid 16:9 standard is to blame

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Cheaper is good, I just don't like how progress is losing screen real estate. I'll stick with my current 24" monitor for a while. I really don't like multi monitor set ups, so my next upgrade will have to be one of those 2560 x 1440 things.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

cadex posted:

Before

After

I've been wanting to upgrade to a nice sized wide-screen for a long time now and after getting £45 worth of Amazon vouchers I managed to pick up the Samsung 2333SW for £126.
Then the next day they had knocked £20 off the price :gonk:

Did you upgrade your cat?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

vkxmai posted:

Ikea Vika Amon desk, Ikea Tobias chair, Ikea Grönö lamps, Tivoli Model two with separate sub, etc. Taken with an informationPhone 4 and slightly edited using Mill Colour.

What's the deal with Tivoli? I also bought the Model Two a few years ago when it retailed for $160. The subwoofer was $80. Now the prices have more than doubled. AFAIK nothing has changed except the price. I didn't know companies could just change the MSRP like that and survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I wouldn't get a desk with adjustable height, you want those to be solid and tough. Your office chair can adjust its height.