Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fac53
Oct 22, 2002
At last! A dead star!

Just got a second monitor yesterday, but I need a new desk and one of those badass Ergotron desk mounted dual monitor arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fac53
Oct 22, 2002
At last! A dead star!
I've had the IKEA PATRIK swivel chair for a few years now and I love it. Solid, sturdy, adjustable (up and down, tilt back or locked upright) and the only chair I could find that made my lower back pain go away.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70074950

fac53
Oct 22, 2002
At last! A dead star!
Built a new desk out of an IKEA kitchen countertop and the regular IKEA table legs. Way sturdier (and heavier) than their crappy tabletops if you're not afraid to break out the cordless drill.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fac53
Oct 22, 2002
At last! A dead star!

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Just got this dual monitor desk mount from Monoprice and tidied up my desk a bit. It's nice, brings my monitors up a bit and allows me to reclaim a good bit of desktop space.

Nice! I've always been curious about that Monoprice desk mount and whether or not it is a piece of crap. How sturdy is it?

fac53
Oct 22, 2002
At last! A dead star!

Bucket Joneses posted:

No everyone hates the Mighty Mouse because it's an awful, pill-shaped input device.

YES. I just replaced my Mighty Mouse at work out of my own pocket because it was such a piece of poo poo. I was ready for a complete computing meltdown between the scrolling ball thing getting all gummed up and refusing to scroll in a particular direction and having to click the furthest top right corner to register a right click. I am easily twice as productive with this $20 Logitech wireless mouse because I don't have to THINK about using the mouse.

fac53
Oct 22, 2002
At last! A dead star!

KennyG posted:

I am looking for a large top to place over a pair of half-hight filing cabinets.

Do any goons have ideas or suggestions?

Go to the IKEA Kitchen section and check out their countertops. I got a butcher block style countertop and screwed the build-your-own desk legs into it and made a huge desk for cheap.

fac53
Oct 22, 2002
At last! A dead star!
Just upgraded to a larger IKEA Galant desk and loving the extra space.

fac53
Oct 22, 2002
At last! A dead star!

Literally Elvis posted:

yo how do you like that Henge Dock?

It looks nice, but I kinda hate it. I don't know if it's the laptop or the monitor, but I regularly have a hard time waking the computer up from sleep while it's docked with the USB keyboard and mouse that are attached to the monitor.

fac53
Oct 22, 2002
At last! A dead star!

Got rid of the Dell monitor and dock awhile ago and replaced it all with the 5K iMac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fac53
Oct 22, 2002
At last! A dead star!

tyrelhill posted:

Where can i get one of those large pads?

Pretty much. Mine's actually this Corsair MM200 one, but the logo is probably the only difference.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/437617/MM200_Extended_Edition_Gaming_Mouse_Mat