Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Cuddly Coach posted:

My old phone did that - USB thru the PC it would go into some goofy rear end sync mode. PLugged into a wall it stayed OK. Gotta be something going over the other (non-power) wires that triggers it

Anyway, here's my hole

I see you tape your contacts on your polycom in the same spot I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

MA-Horus posted:

I had to transport a galant in my Mazda3, and the desk itself was too wide to fit in all the way with the tailgate closed, so I had to rope it down. Worked well enough though.

for a minute i thought you meant you had a mitsubishi in the back of a mazda :psyduck:

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Reivax posted:

My setup, pretty happy with it at the moment, although I might get a second monitor sometime soon.

Ahh yes I see that you also work in IT

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

jmu posted:

Sup nerds. Long have I wanted to post in this thread, but I've been using a waiting room chair since I was a teenager and a desk my father gave me 10 years ago when I first moved out. And I've been working from home for 3 years now!

Finally I acquired a decent chair and gallant setup over the weekend. A suggestion for those looking at the gallant - the main desk is HUGE. Do no underestimate the size of the vehicle you'll need to get it home from Ikea.

http://imgur.com/a/gzYXD

Before

After

2 phones?

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

metalhead posted:

Just pieced this setup together.

oh wait thats not a grinder

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Alexander Nevermind posted:

:haw: CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS

Why wouldn't you put that gigantic case on the floor?

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

B-Nasty posted:

Um...sex? If you're going to be sleeping with someone, a full is probably the absolute smallest that is reasonably tolerable. Who wants to cram 2 into a twin like a college kid when you're out of college.

lol

but yeah i'm actually in the market for something similar for my guest bedroom that has a queen in it. i'm currently using a broken particleboard walmart pos that i had all the way through school and has been through at least 4-5 moves.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

rhag posted:

Don't forget monoprice.com. I bought 2 mounts similar to these : http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082808&p_id=5401&seq=1&format=2 since i didnt want to make holes in my wall and they're amazing. I have them for more than a year now, no issues whatsoever. My monitors are 24'' though, no idea if those would work for larger screens.

So I guess it is my lovely walmart desk after all...

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Ramadu posted:

How do those blinds make you think grandma at all?

It's me I'm the 20 something guy who picked out and installed window valences for my Apple Mac Genuis office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware / Software Crap > Post your (actual) thoughts about Apple poo poo in some dude's home office with grandma curtains