Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Postal
Aug 9, 2003

Don't make me go postal!

Sniep posted:

Yeah, same here, everyone has aeron chairs. I don't know why they spent so much on them but i guess telecom company that was founded late 90s == aeron chairs.

It's also the official chair of the United States Air Force (for the most part).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal
Aug 9, 2003

Don't make me go postal!

paradigmm posted:

Glad I'm not the only one who has used that table as a desk. It worked pretty well, but it was a little wobbly at times.

Postal
Aug 9, 2003

Don't make me go postal!

Dogcow posted:

Haha, posters. :smug:

I'll keep my snow-capped mountains, thank you.

Postal
Aug 9, 2003

Don't make me go postal!

tehk posted:

I suggest picking up something huge like a church door. You'd be surprised how fast you can fill 72" if you are using many displays. I ordered a new 15" Macbook Pro today so hacked up a new worktop to stick my overflow on.

The center thing will be replaced with something similar to the white boxes, but wide enough to hold my new Marantz receiver. Ikea ships slowly so I am waiting for a day off to just drive there. Now I just need some arms to mount my Dreamcatchers on a laptop lift to go on top of the Kontrol S4.

I recognize the Algorithms book. I had that book (or a similar looking predecessor) in 1998.

Postal
Aug 9, 2003

Don't make me go postal!
I don't have a desk at home, but here's my work desk.

Postal
Aug 9, 2003

Don't make me go postal!

titaniumone posted:

I'm not sure how you arrived at that based on my wallpaper, but it's Windows 7

You are using small icons on your taskbar. That was the default in Vista.

Postal
Aug 9, 2003

Don't make me go postal!

WorkingStiff posted:

The Galant is better in all respects. Cable management, leg room, flexibility, upgradable parts...

...fingerprints and other assorted nastinesses that get on glass top desks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal
Aug 9, 2003

Don't make me go postal!

Misogynist posted:

except you see it and are motivated to clean it

That was my point. It's clean if I can't see it, right?

quote:

instead of smearing around your own sweaty Doritos Locos Taco filth until you move out

Dennis Nedry?