Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Just got rid of my desktop today, so I'm proud of how non-cluttered my desk is now. Just wish the new laptop's touchpad wasn't so spazzy, but I guess that's why they made wireless mice (which I'll be getting this coming payday).

Flashlight, beer, whiskey, DS Lite, games, computer, mug, lamp, flash drive. I like not having so much junk on my desk. And your eyes work just fine, that IS an ethernet cable running from my wall to my laptop. I should probably invest in a router, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Keebler posted:

Wow, I like that desk. Were did you get it from?

Just a part of my bedroom suite that came with the apartment. It's not really wood, it's all metal

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

One Eye Open posted:

As I'm mostly bedbound these days, this is my desktop. Just my lappy and headset for speech recognition when I can't type. A touch more comfy than a chair :)

Okay, I'll bite-- why?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

VagueRant posted:

I hate my set-up. I wish I could have two towers on the top level, where air could get to them and they could be dusted easier. And have the monitors and keyboard/mouse at standing height. Would that be so hard?!

Or maybe I should just chop off that tall part my speakers are on so I would have more room on the main level for stuff. Or could I fit a monitor up there? Argh. This is so complicated. And dusty!

(I was watching the Giant Bomb Endurance Run of Persona 4 in the left monitor while taking photos. Also feel free to note the original Grim Fandango box down below!)

I hope you're not dusting out your computer tower inside your house. A lot of machines' actually pull air into the system to cool the components from what I understand. This means if you open up your tower and blow all the dust out inside the house, it will just suck it all back in.

Maybe do that in a garage or outside?