Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buggerlugs
Aug 27, 2003

"All right, Bellamy came on at Liverpool and did well, but everybody
thinks that he's the saviour, he's Jesus Christ. He's not Jesus Christ"

Infinitum posted:

Lets play spot all the nerdy crap I have on my desk.

My wife pointed out that the only thing that ISN'T nerdy crap is probably the chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buggerlugs
Aug 27, 2003

It's a Fluval Edge tank, an plastic box basically and the only opening is under that small hood in the center. All the ones I've seen have been a huge maintenance task to keep clean, but if you want to put the work in it looks great.

Buggerlugs
Aug 27, 2003

Straw Dog posted:

Not quite sure about this set-up yet. It seems less natural than two screens next to each other.

I have almost exactly this hardware, what worked best for me was buying an Aliminium keyboard and a decent wireless mouse, putting the laptop on something side-by-side with the screen. A USB hub sits in front of the main monitor and takes the keyboard, external hard drive and headphones, and the mouse receiver goes into the keyboard port. All neat and tidy and only one USB cable to the laptop.