Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~
This thread has made me realize how dusty my desk is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

vty posted:

Those speakers look huge

They are, M-Audio BX-8's

strayan posted:

I've just bought a $10 keyboard. It sucks. Is is that keyboard worth the money you paid for it?

Every penny.

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

Martytoof posted:

Is that just an Ikea top? I'm rocking the same thing and it's basically a dust magnet if I don't dust it every other day.

Not that I mind, it looks too nice to bitch about. The only complaint I have about mine (other than the dust I guess) is that the painted surface wears really quickly under moderate use. The black finish starts to get lighter in places.

Indeed it is, it was the so cheap at the time so how could I say no? lol

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

IT Guy posted:

Brown or blues?

Browns, I love the lightness

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~
Does anyone know or own a desk capable of holding 2 30" monitors plus a pair of monitor speakers? (8 inch diameter). I've been wanting to add a 2nd monitor to my setup but I simply cannot find the room.

I don't want to spend a poo poo load but I'd really like to increase my real estate space. I guess may be one solution is to get speaker stands for the monitors.

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~
Looks like some irssi to me

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~
New work area, smaller desk but i feel the space is better used. Will return with more than lovely cell phone picture soonish.

http://imgur.com/YwJSg.jpg

Bought a 16 1/2" x 26 1/2" piece of frosted glass to cover the keyboard try for a super slick look plus excellent mouse pad.

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~
Kind of a repost but i recently bought some LED strips to light things up

Really happy with how it turned out

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

B-Nasty posted:

Any link to the product you used? I like the idea of using a low-wattage LED strip instead of my corner lamp with 40W CFLs in it. Not sure how I'll use it, though, sine I don't have a keyboard tray.

Some LED lightstrips I found for clearance at Albertsons, was 17 for the longer strip in the keyboard tray and 14 for the shorter one which I command stripped to the back of my 30" ACD. All turned out very pleasing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

ConfusedNudeMan posted:

Forgive my ignorance, I found a site that sells LED strips by the reel. I'm interested in purchasing some, but how do you power them? I just see the reels for sale. I'm completely ignorant in this category. Obviously they need some sort of power source? Also a switch to turn them on/off? How does that work?

The ones I got were for under cabinet lighting and they have a switch on them and you just connect them to a standard power socket