Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

Ashex posted:

I got a new desk last week!

Cool Desk. Where can I pick one up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

mutata posted:

Dual-Monitor display arms. (I actually have these and they're awesome)
http://www.ergotron.com/Products/MultiMonitorMounts/tabid/159/ctl/Product/mid/545/PRDID/134/language/en-US/default.aspx

Found these on Amazon for $200. Sold. God that's hot, its like a scene out of Grandma's Boy.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

Yeast posted:

Too many goons live in caves.

Nice setup, which desk is that? speakers are Bose? How do like them?

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004
Probably the wrong thread to ask this but those of you running multiple pcs with one kb and mouse via synergy or teleport...do you notice any lag when gaming?

I am getting my setup together and would prefer to game via a kb and mouse directly connected to my mac, just don't know how feasble that would be.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

Windowlicker posted:

Click here for the full 1058x820 image.

1: My gaming rig/TW2002 Gold server(Same server as below, port 2002). (AMD Phenom 9850 Quad / 8 Gigs ram)
2: BBS Server (Server: windowlicker.gotdns.org Port: 2047 if you care)
3: Girlfriends computer (AMD Phenom 9850 Quad / 4 Gigs ram)
4: lovely work laptop with my precious precious files
5: 27.5 inch LCD (Digital mode)
6: 19 inch LCD (Analog, because the KVM switch sucks)
7: 20something inch LCD (Digital mode)
8: 19" CRT (lovely mode)
9: Max Payne mousepad (That's right bitch, A man with nothing to lose)
10: KVM switch (Switches the 19" above it from the BBS box to the gaming rig along with the mouse/keyboard)
11: Linksys Gigabit router with a/b/g/n WEP2

And no, I didn't bother cleaning anything before taking the pic. Also, those are in fact IKEA chairs.

The rest of our place looks much better, but there isn't much I've figured out to do that might clean this wall of electronics up.

Yet.

Edit: Added TW2002 server port

Okay, I NEED that wallpaper in the highest resolution you have it in (the girly one on the left).

Can you please let us know where you got it?

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

Windowlicker posted:

To be honest, I can't remember. If I had to guess, I may have snagged it out of a collection on 4chan ages ago.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Thanks dude, you are awesome.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004
Anybody try the ergotron with a glass desk, or is that just asking for trouble? The desk will be the frosted glass desk for the Ikea Galant.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

vacuity posted:

What desk is that? It's probably just the effect of the lighting in that photo, but it looks really cool. It is a glass top, yes? Do you think the glass is thick and sturdy enough to handle a monitor arm?

Looks like the regular ikea Galant with chromed legs and black glass top. You can also get a milky white glass top. I have the same desk, it rules.

Only thing that suck about it i that I can't figure a way to mount two monitors to the desk because of the glass.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

Shade2142 posted:

What do you mean by that? Is there no space or can the glass just not support two monitors.

no there is plenty of space, its just i am weary of the glass busting when clamped down with the weight of two monitors. Some people spread the weight distribution from the clamp by using a piece of wood, but that generally looks like crap and defeats the purpose of having a sleek desk.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

Straithate posted:

Awful picture but I just wanted to show that I was able to mount an Ergotron LX just fine on the glass... now one day it may just spontaneously explode but it has been a few weeks and so far, so good.

Interesting. Are you using anything to support the clamp? I might just copy your idea as long as the glass keeps it sturdy. What size are your monitors? I would ideally like to use your set up with a Dell u2410 and 27inch korean monitor, if the it would support the weight...

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

sadnessboner posted:

Heeey keyboard buddy

Which keyboard is that? I too would like to join the banana yellow keyboard club.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

KingEup posted:

Ducky Shine 3.

Any way to get this awesome keyboard with key markings? I'm not otaku enough for blank keyboards. Loving the SHINE aspect of the keyboard though. I've never had a riced out keyboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

ColHannibal posted:

Built a new desk and changed some colors around

http://imgur.com/a/xkehe

Are those sleeved cables? Where did you get them?