Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Your desk is a bit bare. My Ikea Jerker recently got a new desk lamp and a little plant. :3:

I like that the lamp is a spotlight that can be swiveled around to add accent lighting to the room when I don't need it pointed at my work surface.

edit: Also why is every drat desk lamp LED now?! I can't stand the cool light. I get that it's energy efficient and the bulbs don't need replacing, but still. :mad:
Just get some lighting gel or a tinted bulb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Spike McAwesome posted:

I suppose this is a good a place as any to ask this:

I'm moving at the end of the month and I'm wondering where I should put my desk for a gaming desktop. Here's the floorplan of my new place:

The black arrow is pointing to a built-in desk. The red arrow is where I originally wanted to put my desk (Ikea Galant), and the blue arrow is another option. Am I being neurotic for thinking this way:

- I don't want to put my computer on the built-in desk. I'd rather use that for bills and for studying when I start grad school in the fall.
- I worry that by putting it in the living room (red arrow), it'll take up too much space in the room and make some of the breakfast bar unusable.
- But I don't really want to put it in the bedroom (blue arrow) since that seems too teenager-living-at-home to me.

The only way in to your closet is through the bathroom? And the bathroom is accessible by two different doors? That's kinda messed up.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

TX297 posted:

I'm usually the biggest Apple fanboy I know.

And I still feel the urge to smash the crap out of that clock.

What bothers me is that the clock isn't even a thing Apple would design, theres no reason to get rid of the time notches especially if you're going to add a big gently caress off logo over it, basically a Braun clock would be the kind Apple would design.

Especially considering Jonathan Ives was influenced by Dieter Rams so he would just make a modern version of a Braun clock anyway.

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 2, 2012

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Granite Octopus posted:

Tried to make things a bit nicer now that I have to work from home. Really need to tidy up some of those cables.

What kind of VESA stand, laptop holder, etc. are you using? This is making me really want to look in to clearing off my desk and reclaiming some room.