Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHEESE-kun
May 20, 2004

by Peatpot

i love my high ceiling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHEESE-kun
May 20, 2004

by Peatpot

mrk posted:

The Kef is gone! enter Mordaunt Short 914 series \m/

Click here for the full 1280x610 image.

What amp is that? Mine looks identical (c320 bee) but that doesn't say much when it comes to NAD.

CHEESE-kun
May 20, 2004

by Peatpot
Hey I use HD555s with my C320 too, was pretty pleased about it but I was later given a tube headphone amp (its also in the pic I posted earlier) and that definitely makes it sound even better.

Really love the amp though, the ability to hook stuff between the pre and power amp was handy for hooking up a subwoofer, I just wish it had an extra set of speaker outputs.

CHEESE-kun
May 20, 2004

by Peatpot
I run my speakers throught a NAD stereo power amp much like someone else in this thread.

CHEESE-kun
May 20, 2004

by Peatpot

Mr.Wiggles posted:

Cleaner than it used to be. Still need a bigger desk though.

is that a pc-7b with noctua fans? exactly what i have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHEESE-kun
May 20, 2004

by Peatpot

Mr.Wiggles posted:

That's a drat good set of eyes you have there.

3 Noctuas to be exact, and the CPU HSF to match.

Tell me, does your case rattle and vibrate from time to time?

Yes, seems like I'm not the only one with this problem! It really likes to start buzzing out of nowhere. I mounted my hard drive cage on a foam pad and put tape on the parts of the case the side panels slide past, but they still buzz every now and then. Since I moved a while ago it hasn't really happened anymore, don't know if it's the carpet or just random luck. Like the guy above said, prodding it mostly took care of it too.

But I love the way it looks and how simple it is both internally and externally, I just wish it was a little more solid and had better HD mounts. Being as it's under my desk anyway I think I'd rather use a case with metal, as opposed to aluminum, panels next time.

By the way I also removed the grating from the rear fan, really improves airflow though it means having to be careful with fingers.