Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

essequamvideri posted:

Nothing impressive - a little cluttered

Gotta love the 7-8 year old SGI Widescreen 17.5in LCD at 1600x1024 resolution.. (remember the 7 year old part)

IIRC there was this non standard SGI flatpanel that required a special card to drive it.
This is just plain old VGA right?

Back in 1999 I was gay for SGI and Sun hardware, but now it's like so many overpriced toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!

Steakandchips posted:

The A legs are rock solid too. I've been using mine for 3 years now without any wobble. Plus they're cheaper.

Speaking of which, here's the bigass frosted kidneybean.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!

chimz posted:

On glass? I'm worried about shattering the desk by putting too much leverage on the very edge and getting stabbed in the balls by a three foot long shard of glass. I'd be putting two Cinema Displays on separate arms.

Pro tip for Coffee Jones: get a Logitech Performance MX, it can track straight on the glass Galant's surface with no mousepad magazine.

This MS one (Mobile Mouse 3500) with the blue light tracks just fine on any surface, WAY better than the red one. Eats up more batteries than red, though. I shouldn't leave it on all night without switching it off.
Glass tracks just fine, but I like the texture of the magazine.

And I sincerely doubt it'd shatter outside of being hit with a hammer - it's a half inch of tempered glass. It's meant to be a desk. Besides, the cinema displays go in the center of the metal frame, not near the edge.

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jan 19, 2011