Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Finally reorganised my desk after some new toy acquisitions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The mac pro is currently as per the factory, but I am formulating plans for when the wife next goes out of town....

The Cisco appliances are actually part of my CCNA training and not just attractive monitor stands... :)

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Strong opinions on mouse pads itt

That's what I was thinking....

I'm still using a Simpsons one I was given when I was still in primary school and it does the job pretty well :v:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Lol that guy doesn't have kids

I've got a kid on the way and I have prepared by building my new pc in a case with all the buttons behind a locked panel :colbert:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I decided it was time to tidy up my office to be slightly more organised

From

To

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

You are a stupid frog

so i've been told

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

I need something L-shaped to separate my gaming PC monitors from my work PC/laptop. Is that two IKEA tables pushed together? How stable is it?

I want a couple of those desktop organizers, too. I'm tall and I hate looking down at my screens, and I always end up with various knick-knacks just sitting on my desk, begging to be stashed in drawers.

Okay good, I'm not the only one that immediately saw "MAN CAVE" in giant letters and winced.

The desk is an L shaped one from Super Amart (cheap furniture store in Australia). Very stable and does the job well.

The organisers are from Ikea and were for the exact reason of me needing to very the million things on my desk organised and away. Easy to put together and a perfect fit. I think they had other drawer configurations, too.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

Oh, Australia. :( I'm in the US so that won't work for me! But I'll start browsing local stores and see if I can't find something that would work. I just need simple, sturdy and L-shaped.

I *thought* those organizers looked like something I saw at Ikea. I might pick up a pair on my next visit.

I would assume there would have to be something - going to any of the normal places here that sell furniture has heaps of them.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

I did end up finding something actually! I have to wait to order it but it's just the right size and shape.

Nice! What did you get?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

Ordering this today: Ashley 60" Lobink

I found it on Ashley's website last week for $275, and then it jumped up to $385 today. Got freaked out for a minute since I wasn't planning on spending that much on a desk... Then I remembered that other websites exist, so I did a quick search and found it on Amazon for $238! Also free Prime shipping!

The only downside is the brown is going to clash with the white Ikea add-on drawers, but I can mitigate that with something. Maybe some dark contact paper.

I'd like to get some ideas on this as well.

Can't wait to see the final result, the pictures look awesome! Very sturdy looking.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

That is triggering me

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Electric Bugaloo posted:

or you could just have a partner who’s ok with your goofy hobby poo poo or keep it somewhere discrete and appropriate like a home office.

Like you’re probably not wrong in a general sense but this whole “W.A.F”/“ :females: don’t like x goofy nerd poo poo” is reductive and kinda sexist and often untrue.

Yeah, I agree. My wife doesn't care about my stupid nerdy gaming poo poo as long as it's contained in my office. Hence I still have a tower with pretty lights and a 65" tv with like ten consoles hooked up to it in a cannibalised wardrobe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Moey posted:

Gonna need some pics here.

Pretty sure I posted some photos earlier in the thread (although have gotten some more consoles since then and changed the computer layout a bit) but I'll check when I get home from my son's swimming lesson.