Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

I have insane cabling problems. I've been able to stuff most of them behind things (e.g. down the back of the radiator) where they aren't visible, but it's still a terrible mess. I've tried cable ties etc, and it helped, but there are 12+ power leads, god knows how many audio cables, and a bunch of midi leads...the whole thing is unmanageable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

Perhaps someone here can help me....

Can anyone in the UK recommend somewhere to look for a good desk, other than Ikea/Homebase/Staples? I'm after something pretty specific, and none of those places have what I want, and I really don't know where stocks a decent selection of computer desks. Obviously, the cheaper the better, but I don't mind spending the money for the right thing.

If anyone could recommend some shops/vendors/retailers to check out, then i'd be very grateful!

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

Zurich posted:

What are you looking for in a desk? I bought my IKEA Mikael about a month ago and it's miles better and cheaper than the nearest equivalents from Argos and Viking...

Well...I have a large setup of a MBP, dual 19" screens (soon to be upgraded to a mac pro with three 24" LCDs), and a bunch of music gear, and it simply doesn't fit on a regular desk. I need a decent sized corner desk which is about 70-80cm deep, and extends off on the left side by about two metres. TBH, unless i'm willing to spend stupid money, I don't think I'm going to find anything that specific. However, Viking seems to have ranges which I can pick and mix to get near enough what I need....

This is pretty much what I need (linked to Viking), but a preferably a little deeper, a little longer on the right corner, and a lot longer on the left side.

edit: Awesome....this + this + this will do the job perfectly. Not cheap, though!

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. :)

an actual cat irl fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 23, 2008

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

David Aames posted:

That's a swish looking setup.

Where did you get the desk from?

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

Wasabi the J posted:

New mouse pad and speaker stands.

Where did you get the table from?