Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

My desk at work:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Icesler posted:

^^^^^^^^^
I like your background. Do you have the source?

It even comes in a triple monitor configuration. :c00l:

http://www.mandolux.com/archive/2008/0810.html

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Fnord posted:

I hate to break this to you, but the person in the photo on your desk is going to die within the next seven days. Watch the movie "the ring" for details on how to stop this event from happening

oh no :ohdear:

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Secret Sweater posted:

Are you using Zune desktop theme?

Yes sir.

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Beef Rocmore posted:

best picture I have right now

Click here for the full 1229x922 image.

What kind of case is that?

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Wankshaft posted:

Click for the full 1280xsomething version. 1 pint mug for tea is standard.

I want a PG Tips monkey!

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

necrobobsledder posted:

At least Zuckerberg doesn't have guns on his desk and anime wallscrolls.

And a jug of milk.

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Ron Burgundy posted:

Really cool phone.

I have an old Western Electric 20AL that I really can't be arsed buying a subset for so I'm turning it into a Bluetooth headset.

It's a shame that someone painted over it.

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

New desk at home:

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Bob Morales posted:

What keyboard is that? I can't make out the logo

Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid with Cherry Blues.

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Storm-QuickFire-Rapid/dp/B0068INSUM

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

carry on then posted:

Do you have a link to that wallpaper? I like it.

Here ya go.

http://i.imgur.com/6TrsC.png?1

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Kegwen posted:

My biggest annoyance is that it's an uneven surface that slants in towards the center, but maybe an Ikea tabletop would help settle that issue. Notice the folded up piece of paper under the vertical monitor? :(

If you're going to buy the tabletop just spend the extra 40-50 dollars and buy some legs for it too.

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Wasabi the J posted:

If you're handy and have a workspace, router, sander, and saws, I'd say build it yourself. If not, I suggest the Ikea Vika system for something relatively low price that you can kit out to your liking.

Alternatively, the Gerton/Vika Byske is made to be wall-mounted, and includes the bracket. Bonus: actual wood (not necessarily a guarantee of all Vika products).

The non-wood Vika tabletops should be avoided like the plague. They aren't very durable at all. I built a huge corner desk out of the wood Vika tabletops and they work wonderfully. I gave them a nice, dark stain too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

I've gotten into the habit of cutting the leads on the LEDs or covering them with black nail polish or a bit of paint. I hate how obnoxiously bright they are.

taint toucher fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 27, 2013