Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Do standing desks count?

Details which can't really be seen due to crappy image:
Dual 23" IPS wide screen monitors for work, sporting boring federal government backgrounds
X200 tablet off to the side for play
Buckling spring keyboard
Yogurt cap for a coaster

The mouse doesn't have much room for movement, but 99% of my work is via the keyboard, so I don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Finally got around to wall-mounting the monitors I use for work and my personal desktop.

Used extruded aluminum framework to hold everything together. It is adjustable so in the future if work ever replaces the two monitors that are on the outside of the one that I supplied in the middle there should be plenty of flexibility to make it all fit together.

A KVM switch was not an option because work's security policy requires direct wiring a monitors to the computer or docking station, so there are six display cables, a USB cable, and power run through the wall. Work also prohibits any wireless input devices (again for security reasons), so that is the reason for the USB keyboard and mouse.

Here is the corner of shame, I have a power cord being delivered soon that will clean up things and let me get rid of the small power strip. Who knows when I'll actually install it though.

All that space on the desk, and this Dingus wants to stand here...