Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Not an Anthem posted:

Hardwood, 3/4" threaded rod and some nuts. My buddy made a knockoff of that shelf with nice wood.
Yup, based on the flexy diy design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Poopelyse posted:

Just moved in yesterday.

Is that a John Rambo commemortative plate on the wall?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

OK, what's the pink robot thing back left?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

ColHannibal posted:

Edit: If you want to believe in Santa do not click on this link.

http://imgur.com/a/T9Ukw

Oh my eyes!

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

That's great. Can a single ultrawide monitor like that host two video feeds from two sources? I have a PC and a Mac Pro so am using two monitors. Would be nice to switch to a single screen, but there are times when I'm working on both machines at once.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I've heard of some picture in picture kind of thingos but I haven't heard great things about them. Check into that maybe?

Decius posted:

Some can (like my LG). It's the equivalent of two 16" 5:4 screens however, you lose quite a bit of space compared to two 2560x1440 or even 1920x1080 screens. Personally it was too much loss for me and I use a 3440x1440 screen as main and a 2560x1440 (actually a 4k monitor with Windows scaling set at 1.5 which is basically this) as secondary, which is the best of both worlds if you have the space. A separate screen somehow makes stuff I put there also feel more separate than stuff I put next to the main window on the main screen, but I might be odd in this regard.

Thanks, I'll stick with two monitors then.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

couldcareless posted:

I have an old galant that I got second hand that has the extension. Is it possible to remove the old top and replace it with something nicer? I've never dug much into this possibility but the cheap black top on it now is showing its age.
Yours like this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZSyirIMPuA

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

meta² posted:

Many thanks to all the goons who helped me build my PC and pick my parts.

Nice, have saved your partpicker list for my next PC build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

South posted:

Finally finished my new build, besides switching out my 24" monitor from 2014. Ignore my craptacular cable management system, it's a work in progress. Yes, all the blue RGB makes it run coolder.

Particularly like the industrial looking bench. That's a good green.