Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

MrMoo posted:

expensive aircon from Kickstarter :3:

??? does it do anything special?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Why is the cat behind the screen and not in front?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

nice catte

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Having your ultra wide jut out from your desk that much seems like it’d be hard to view tbh

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

are there any large cases that separate the GPU from the CPU/mobo thermally?
my dream is a small case for the CPU and an eGPU enclosure (connected via PCIe directly)

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Nitrousoxide posted:

Get whatever case you want and water cool your CPU?

it is and i wish i could watercool my GPU instead

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

My desk. Pretty happy with how it turned out!! I have my cat5 cables and the power cables for my desk / subwoofer that hang down, but I don't mind them.

lol how does the soundbar sound placed like that

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

I haven't had computer speakers in years, it's all been headphones. My folks were like "Hey do you want this sound bar?" and I was like "Yeah sure" but I didn't really have a place to put it with my TV and I had been wanting speakers anyways so it just seemed logical to use it with my PC. I think it sounds pretty good, but I also don't have anything to compare it to.

EDIT: Would it be better to have it mounted on the wall or something at ear level?

It wasn’t a criticism, just looks very big

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

If you’re sitting in front of your computer, getting those USB LED lights that sit on top of your monitor might not be a bad idea

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

the smart mirror behind the couch makes it seem uncomfortable to sit in

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

i'm surprised by how few people itt use standing desks

most of the setups being posted seem pretty bad for your back

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Inner Light posted:

Yo SamDabbers what language or type of coding do you do the most in your day to day while walkin’ ?

Go?

:buddy:

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Mods acting like cops, who’d have thought

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

hopefully the single meal is good though

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

I'm pretty happy with my new setup! I had been using two 24" asus monitors, but the bezel was really thick so I felt like I was always turned either left or right and I couldn't just sit in the middle. Even though I'm not a streamer I opted to do the "streamer" setup with one monitor in portrait. I'm really loving happy with it, but I'm open to suggestions (I'm considering getting an arm and letting me do a "stacked" setup and get rid of my desk lamp).

Also please ignore the towel, it's temporary until I get a curtain for that loving window

How large is the curved UW? The monitor on the left makes it look small

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

there's no reason why you can't have one of the two monitors centered in front of you, and the other at the side tilted towards you

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

there are different curvature levels...

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

looks great - just missing some cable management

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

what's on the NAS?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

the smart mirror always sticks out whenever 3O posts an update - seems incredibly uncomfortable for anyone who'd want to sit on the chair

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

nice briefcase

are you like a hitman or something

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Ok Comboomer posted:

“Captain’s Log, Stardate 76856.62: Number One (my husband) no longer observes the chain of command. I have asked him to bring me a sandwich three times today to no avail…”

:lol:

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

can't beat the og when it comes to TV as monitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

any reason why you wouldn't stack two ultrawides e.g., 2x 49"?