Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

15" Macbook Pro on a Rain mStand
Asus VK246H 24"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

Crush posted:

Wow, nice desk! Mind if I ask where you got this?

Fake edit: I love my mStand. Anyone who is looking for something like it would be hard pressed to find anything better (Although the Xtand looks sort of nice).

Thanks!

Actually, I built that desk three years ago. I was frustrated with the selection of cheap and crappy particle board desks you see everywhere.

Bullets!
  • Built of three sheets of 3/4" 4'x8' birch plywood plus one 4'x8' sheet of 3/4" MDF
  • The top is 1½" thick
  • 78" long x 27" wide x 30" tall
  • Able to fit through a 32" doorway with the door removed
  • Really loving heavy! — I almost killed myself moving it into my apartment by myself with only the help of an appliance dolly

Grayham fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 9, 2009

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

Empty Pockets posted:

there's those loving speakers again! am I missing something or are yours only stereo? if so, where did you get them because if I could pick up just two I could expand my 5.1 to 7.1 without different looking speakers for 2 channels.

They're 2.1

I absolutely love Logitech and I'll buy it whenever there's an option to. Logitech just replaced my dead MX1000 which I'd owned for over 5 years - well out of warranty, with a brand new MX Revolution.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

All Too Much For Me posted:

How'd you go about doing this? I've got an MX1000 that behaves really erratically that must be several years old.

Email Logitech customer support

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

IsaacNewton posted:

You framed with solid wood though, didn't you? It certainly doesn't look like MDF.

It looks practical.

The MDF provides the additional thickness of the top. It could have been done other ways but it seemed like a good idea at the time. It adds a lot of additional weight.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

man thats gross posted:

I wish I had done this before going out and buying a Razer DeathAdder after getting sick and tired of dealing with the erratic behaviour of my own MX1000 for years. Don't get me wrong, the Razer is good and all, but free is even better.

Maybe I should e-mail them anyway...

I was weary of the MX Revolution that I knew I'd be getting. However, after owning it for a couple weeks now, I can say that it's an amazing mouse and better than the MX1000 in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

man thats gross posted:

Yeah, I don't know if it was just my computer, but that drat thing would stop responding, or jump around the screen. A real pain in the rear end. I think I'm liking the wired mouse again. The wireless wasn't strong enough to actually leave my desk anyway, so it was kind of pointless.

That was the exact symptom that my MX1000 had.