Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

frumpykvetchbot posted:

That's a ridiculously cool setup.

A few years ago I made this mockup of how I wanted my setup when they get around to making reasonably sized and durable OLED flex panels:

Your idea actually achieves the effect with off the shelf kit, so I'm just going to have to clone it.

That looks way too curved. You want the focal point to be your head, not the keyboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Prelude Gundam posted:

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Yeah.. I'll probably label things later.
Trust a loving goon to have the inside of his computer case as the cleanest part of his room.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Vastly Outnumbered posted:

After taking this picture, I realized that there are not only some visible wires, but a speck of paper on my chair mat, and a piece of shredded paper on the floor next to the shredder. I don't know why I force myself to keep going on like this. It's just not worth it.

Are you entirely sure your printer is safe there? That poor plastic table looks like it's bowing pretty heavily under the stress.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Vastly Outnumbered posted:

It's stronger than it looks. It does flex some with anything moderately heavy on it, but it's actually reinforced much better than you'd think at first glance.

If it's flexing, then it says to me it doesn't have much strength to it. Of course, it may not break under that flexing, but that's another matter entirely.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

FeloniousDrunk posted:

At work. I just made the backgrounds yesterday. Left screen is Linux, middle and right are Windows, all with one keyboard and mouse using Synaptic, which is the best thing ever. Also the keyboard is a 1984 original M-series which I just hooked up and am currently driving my office-mate crazy with.

Where did you get the backgrounds from, that you modified?

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

That desk entire room is the pictorial embodiment of :goonsay:

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Sir Nigel posted:

I've seen it once. Person didn't have a right hand.

Every single person I've seen use the mouse in their left hand has been someone who is not left-handed. Go figure.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

That iDesk would be loving awful because it gives you nowhere to actually rest your arms whilst working. What a stupid idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

IsaacNewton posted:

Isn't that what your chair's arm rests are for? But yes, I was kidding about that 'desk' -- It does look awful to use but it's quite minimalist and white so that meet his requirements.

Eh I think you'd find it too minimialist for leaning on, even with arm rests. Also, who the gently caress uses a mouse that's in front of the horizontal line of the keyboard?