Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beuges
Jul 4, 2005
fluffy bunny butterfly broomstick
This is a picture i took a while back for another forum of my desk setup before I moved a few months ago

Click for descriptions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beuges
Jul 4, 2005

Coredump posted:

MINE DOES THIS TOO. Don't plug it into USB 3 and if you can, get a little USB extension cable to plug in the receiver. I know that's a lot to go through for a keyboard but I really do like this form factor, I wished they made a wired version.

I love mine but really wish they made a Bluetooth version.

beuges
Jul 4, 2005

isndl posted:

What the gently caress are apps doing that they need to understand where the task bar is? They exist in a window. The window can be arbitrarily resized. The task bar is literally outside of their context.

And those same apps running on windows 10 magically are able to handle the taskbar on any edge of the screen just fine. That person’s explanation is quite honestly insulting.

beuges
Jul 4, 2005
I got this standing desk a couple of months ago... it looks ok I think

beuges
Jul 4, 2005

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

thats not your desk, thats the stuff on top

Good point... I took a few more of the actual desk.

The desk top itself is stained African Mahogany hardwood. I got the frame and top separately. Could do with a bit more neatening on the cable management side but it works for now.

I was averaging about an hour a day at 2km/h on the treadmill before I got the flu a week ago. Aim is to get up to 5km/day at around the same pace... it's slow enough to not be distracting while working.
My previous desk is kinda visible in the background of the second picture... that's a standard "executive"-style desk which I need to figure out what to do with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beuges
Jul 4, 2005

wolrah posted:

Oh hell no. I have a Yealink WH62 headset that connects to both my PC and phone, so I can be watching Youtube videos or whatever, receive calls, and wander around my apartment. The handset is there to be convenient to grab and nothing more. I just like having a physical interface for call control, especially when managing multiple calls. BLF buttons are nice as well, having actual lights indicating the state of other lines and such rather than a window that always ends up behind 13 other things when I want it.

I also have a couple of yealinks around the house, moved our landline number over to our isp’s voip service cos it’s a flat fee for unlimited outgoing calls, and it’s also cheaper for my parents to call us on our landline number than our cellphones. They’re pretty much the only incoming calls we get on the landline. The one on my desk is also hooked up to my work extension.