Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

optik
Jul 6, 2005
linux is a pathway to many abilities..... some consider to be un-natural

Dissident posted:

Haha you are so right. I got that desk after moving into my old place as a throw-away purchase but just can't get rid of it. My plan was to toss it when I moved again but have liked my building and am actually staying for a while. It's pretty absurd to house $3K of gear (i7 system) in a POS desk. Could someone recommend a similarly shaped computer desk?

It looks like you have a decent sized area there, I would recommend taking a look at the 1,000,000+ different possibilities from IKEA (specifically the Galant) as you can configure it SO many ways (plus it seems to be one of the more popular desks in this thread so that can't be a bad thing!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

optik
Jul 6, 2005

CubanRefugee posted:

words
Precisely, there are so many leg/top/colour/add-on combinations for the Galant it is untrue!

optik
Jul 6, 2005
Crappy phone pic but I couldn't be bothered to get the camera out.

optik
Jul 6, 2005

Crunchtime posted:

Hi traktor buddy! Where did you get those lamps??

They are indeed just the cheap Ikea lamps with the warm Ikea LED bulbs in them for cheaper running, they are a pretty good source of ambient light and cheap as well!

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30029224/

optik
Jul 6, 2005

Bohemian Cowabunga posted:

What are those speakers and how are they?

They are pretty old now but the are JBL Creature II's that I've had a few years now.

They are pretty good for the size, have a pretty good range on them and they have a sub to give the low end a boost which is under the desk.

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Creature-3-Piece-Powered-Speaker/dp/B0001DQ5YG