Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.

Raluek posted:

I guess this is the best place to ask this. I'll be totally re-configuring my desk area, and I need kind of a special desk. It has to support 300LB and be wide enough for three 24" widescreens. Is this possible with something that won't cost more than my car, or should I just make something out of 2x4 and plywood?

Lemme tell ya bout a little company called Anthro: http://anthro.com/ppage.aspx?pmid=27

It's even on sale till the end of the month (it's like $350 in the cart for just the desk, plus about $100 for shipping).

I have the 60" version which would hold 2 24"s with room to spare. They're also great desks if you don't want to Live Like poo poo since it has built-in wire management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.

TheGopher posted:

I'm sure you don't need instant access to several cd-r spindles

:yarr:

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.

Laserface posted:

This is where I spend some most of my time.

detail 2

Holy crap, a Skyline 2000GT-R Bit Char-G?

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.

Fatal posted:

Get Velcro! Home depot has these multi-packs of 6" long stuff, it's a bit expensive for what it looks like, but sooo much better than dealing with zip ties. Zip ties are great for things that you never add to until you remove them (think computer lab installs), terrible for the average home office/desk that you add/remove components to from time to time.

Seconding this. I've seen Velcro ties in the hardware area at Walmart also.

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.

Antioch posted:

What are you guys using to drive the monitors? I'm thinking about using some old Polk bookshelf speakers instead of the $20 Logitech budget poo poo I'm using, but putting $100+ into an amp seems like overkill.

Right, those are all active speakers. You could get something like http://www.amazon.com/Dayton-Audio-DTA-1-Digital-Amplifier/dp/B001PNOH2I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388591163&sr=8-1&keywords=dta-1 for your Polks.