Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanguardTruth
Mar 11, 2006

Da Troof
This is my current setup. I only discovered this thread a few days ago and am loving seeing how everyone sets things up. I change my configuration often so I'll post as often as I can. Am I the only one who enjoys tearing everything out and redoing cables and trying new setups out?

Click here for the full 1022x681 image.

This is the daytime lighting scheme.

Click here for the full 1024x681 image.

This is with "mood lighting"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanguardTruth
Mar 11, 2006

Da Troof
Switched it up. Moved the 26" Samsung monitor with HDTV Tuner down to in front of my bed, and redid the desk. Notice, thanks to the cables, I live like poo poo.

Click here for the full 1024x681 image.

VanguardTruth
Mar 11, 2006

Da Troof

Grayham posted:

15" Macbook Pro on a Rain mStand
Asus VK246H 24"

This post inspired me to get my own mStand. I'll post pictures here when I get the chance, but it's awesome! Also, hey speaker buddy :buddy:

VanguardTruth
Mar 11, 2006

Da Troof
Got a new MBP, so the desk needed some reorganization.

Got the mStand for the MBP and the old macbook sits below it, waiting at the ready if it is ever needed again for files etc. I wonder if there is a program for OSX to be able to jump my mouse between the MBP and the Macbook if I for example ran the macbook closed off the external monitor.

VanguardTruth fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 12, 2009

VanguardTruth
Mar 11, 2006

Da Troof
^^^^ Your advice is sound! (:rimshot:) I run an external soundcard with firewire, and the MBP only has the smaller firewire 800 port, so I can't run all channels. Only the front two and sub are active right now. Once I find a way to make the smaller port on the macbook fit the larger cable coming from the soundcard, I'll space the speakers out. It was the best place for them right now. Still a good call.

VanguardTruth
Mar 11, 2006

Da Troof
That's pretty much exactly what I planned to grab. Ordered.

EDIT: I'll post new pics when I get the cable and separate the speakers. The sound card is a Griffin Firewave. Anyone else have any experience with one of these? I don't exactly love the thing. It doesn't save my settings once I disconnect it and you have to re-configure it every time. Very annoying.

VanguardTruth fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 13, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanguardTruth
Mar 11, 2006

Da Troof

ATwoSlotToaster posted:

What kind of laptop stand is that? I've been looking for something to raise and angle my laptop for a while now.

Seconding the Rain mStand. Just google Rain Design. It's completely worth it. Great construction, hole in the back for cable management, and matches perfectly with the MacBook's design.