Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guerrand
Mar 12, 2006

RING RING RING RING RING RING

Pretty Cool Name posted:

Had this exact desk configuration before I moved out, with the computer in the corner. The wheels of the chair kept bumping against the leg of the desk to the left, which was pretty annoying. Easily solved by rotating it so the wheels missed the leg, but still managed to drive me nuts.

And even more easily solved by adding an extension to that side of the desk so that the legs are further away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guerrand
Mar 12, 2006

Corbet posted:

Could you possibly link to the Galant extension you're talking about? I'm having a hard time finding these desk "extensions" everyone is talking about.

This is what it looks like with the extension attached to the short edge. Here are all of the extensions.

Guerrand
Mar 12, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I wouldn't get a desk with adjustable height, you want those to be solid and tough. Your office chair can adjust its height.

Well you're dead wrong since the Galant does have adjustable legs and being a wobbly POS is rarely a complaint for it.

And chair height alone won't solve a case of a desk that's fixed too low.

Guerrand fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Feb 25, 2011