Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacke
Jun 29, 2006

malefactor posted:

you look like you need one of these

http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/acc/008/sckb1000_detail.html

It will let you mount that fan on the front of the computer by converting 3 bays into 1 fan bay.

I have the same case as him with the same cpu cooler (that's an H50 I think, except I'm running a push/pull setup) and I didn't even know these existed. Thanks for this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacke
Jun 29, 2006

malefactor posted:

I have no idea where I heard of it but its really a useful product. My case originally had rear intake for the cpu but I wanted a more traditional front to back airflow so it was perfect for changing that.

GPU/PSU air should not go near the cpu intake :colbert:

2x 120m in 2x 120m out, slightly negative overall from the gpu/psu

Oh, and my little buddy is Luna :3:

I'm running a similar setup to yours, but without the 120 mm in the front 5.25 inch bays. I've also got my side 120 fan setup as intake instead of exhaust to feed the o/c'ed 4870x2 because of the lack of an intake fan in the top 'heat zone'. It seems to help the card with the temps on mine a bit as opposed to mounting it the other way. I also had to rig the other fan on the back side of the case for the radiator since the stupid NB/mosfet heatsinks kept me from stacking fans. Negative pressure here as well.

Click here for the full 650x544 image.

Dacke fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 22, 2010

Dacke
Jun 29, 2006

malefactor posted:

edit: you dont have this problem since your rear exhaust is your cpu cooler. Air can come in the top and out the back and its just more fresh air cooling the cpu. :3:

Yeah, your setup makes sense. I also made the comment because Lian Li installs these side fans as exhaust from the factory (at least on mine and a few others I've dealt with). It's usually the way most people set it up on air cooling.

quote:

Rivetuner excessively cools my gpu so I dont really worry about it.
idles 30% fan sub47C, games 55%fan sub65C

I wish. 60C at idle and 82C at load with the side fan as intake. Set it as exhaust and it's close to 90C. This is partly because it's just a hot running card/overclocked and also because I've disabled Powerplay in an attempt to stop some of the annoying microstuttering I'm getting in some games. It's helped quite a bit for me personally, but for some people it seems to make no difference. Then there's plenty of people who don't get any stuttering at all. :argh:

Dacke
Jun 29, 2006

malefactor posted:

:words:

Yeah, I used to use Rivatuner on my old X1950XT, and it disables Powerplay by default anyway. It's a nice o/c app and I had forgotten about it, so I'll definitely look into it when I get home. Thanks for reminding me.