Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH
Reimagine scenes from film, TV and books if they were to occur on the forums.

To start, Return of the King:

And this pivotal moment from Transformers: The Movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmfDHW87JNU
(about 7:53 in)

Your turn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH
^^^ I wondered if anyone was going to notice that, those timestamps are right out of the appendices :hehe:

bradzilla posted:

Can you post a blank template or something so we can make these too?

Really all I did was take a screengrab of a thread, and photoshopped over the title, avatars, custom titles and text, using the screengrab as a guide for placement. I won't lie, it's a pretty time-consuming endeavor.

I'll try to post a blank PSD later. In the meantime, if it helps, all text is varying sizes and weights of Verdana, with anti-aliasing turned off.

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Basketballbat posted:

yeah yeah effort
Inaccuracies or not, this is awesome.

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

As much as I would like to discourage reposting old images, does anyone have the "gg michaelangelo" one? It always cracks me up and was my inspiration for posting this thread in the first place.

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Basketballbat posted:

yeah twice

This is spectacular :bravo:

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Some of these are real quotes. (They were kidding, I hope)

My favorite part of this one is that in the midst of Banner's uncontrollable rage as he clumsily transforms, he would have to log out and patiently log back in again as the Hulk :laugh:

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

Can someone do Prime's death from TF:TM?

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Should I feel dumb for wanting to post in most of these threads?

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Inspired by Vlad's custom title:

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Slightly different take on The Hulk:

I just thought it would be funny if the reporting mod didn't know it was the same guy :unsmith:

snortpocket fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 7, 2008

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

oh god I can't stop

you're a bad man, treves :mad:

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Meowbot posted:

I'm not sure how you guys are doing these so good but they are really impressive! I can't get the text to look right so I'm hanging up my hat for the night ...

Any tips for text? Verdana @ size 12 w/ no anti aliasing is still too small. IT doesn't make any sense.

Almost makes you want to try Verdana @ size 13 doesn't it? :v:

Seriously though, the post generator that Q_res posted on page 1 is by far the most efficient way to go. Failing that, saving a page and editing in Dreamweaver is a close second.

However, if you're like me, and dedicated to doing every little thing in Photoshop for some reason, here's a quick key to what I've been using:

Forum/Thread titles: Verdana, 13pt, bold (with forum titles underlined, of course)
OP's screenname: Verdana, #0077AA, 13pt, bold
Screennames: Verdana, 13pt, bold
Timestamps: Verdana, 10pt, italic
Post edits: Verdana, 10pt, italic
Custom titles: Whatever you want really, I like Arial Black, 24pt, red

Hope this helps. If there's still interest I will post a blank PSD later with empty fields.

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Vivek posted:

I've never seen this movie, but I find this hilarious.

I strongly suggest you check it out if you feel like being good and disturbed for a while.

Here's the scene in question (towards the end of the movie):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF19L00KbAI

FAKE EDIT: Treves was actually the good guy :3:

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Blackjack Davey posted:

The Office

This was one of the most hilarious and thought-out posts I've ever read on these forums, and exactly the sort of submission I'd hoped for when I started this thread. I just wanted it to go on and on.

Good job! :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

don't die little thread :(