Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Okay I've tried for the last week to remember a PS1 game that i borrowed from a classmate back in 98 or 99. All I can remember is that the game started with a CGI video showing the player character riding on a blimp or airship of some sort. Then you crash into this really big tower, and the game starts. The whole idea is to get to the bottom level of this tower and presumably escape. It was third person, and the gameplay was focused mostly on jumping and avoiding various crazy hazards like giant spinning blades etc. I guess there was some sort of combat but I cant remember. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yes! Thats the one. Thank you! :)

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Splicer posted:

Slightly off the topic of the thread, but I remember someone talking about a recent game, described as a Rimworld/Dwarf Fortress/Gnomoria style game, but it was specifically mentioned that unlike those games if you want to make a kitchen you don't just build a kitchen station you have to build a kettle and a stove and such individually.

Clockwork empire?

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
There was an android game I played many years back wich was pretty neat. I remember it being a sort of an hack and slash game where you fought various enemies on top of a rock plateau. I remember it having a kind of pixel graphics, and it was fairly bloody/brutal and hard. The objective was to survive waves of enemies. You could die pretty easily as well so it was incredibly challhenging.

EDIT:
NEvermind, I suddenly had an epiphany. It was called "only one".

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 26, 2019

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
My friend is trying to remember a game from his childhood, but he cant find anything online. All that he remember is that it was a point and click adventure game. One of the character was a cat that could transform itself into anything by swishing its tail. But it transformed itself into a ball, and got stuck in that shape. Apparantly the aim of the game was to get the cat back in its original form.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
This is a game from back when the ps2 and xbox was fairly new consoles. I can only recall seeing it once as a kid in a now defunct gamestore. I remember being intrigued by this ps2 game wich boasted to have large open areas to explore. The setting seemed to be excotic/alien fantasy of some sort, (or maybe just regular fantasy?) I remember the player character being a blue skinned humanoid. From the pictures on the back of the box, it seemed to be a third person action adventure style game. Anybody know if this is an actual game or if I'm misremembering stuff?

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 4, 2021

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mierenneuker posted:

If it had been an OG Xbox game it would have been Azurik.

Edit:

Yes its this one! Thanks! This been bugging me a while now and im glad to finally lay it to rest.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I suddenly wanted to play this game from my early teens. I got it for free in some magazine around 2003-04. It was a 2D top down shooter where you played an armoured spacemarine fending off waves of aliens. I also remember the menus had a cool news ticker that spouted propaganda about the war. It also had a kickass metal soundtrack. I remember it being hard as nails. One of the levels had you defending a wall with big guns you could use, but they had limited ammo. The aliens would gnaw through the wall to get to you.

It was very similar to crimsonland.

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 3, 2022

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YES! thank you! I actually remembered that the company was called red lynx and tried googling their portfolio but it was not shown on their wiki page.

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 4, 2022

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Caufman posted:

I have a very vague memory of playing a zombie/post-apocalyptic game about 10-15 years ago. The only thing I really remember about it was that the art style resembles the Madness Combat series, but it's not any Madness Combat game. Unfortunately, that's pretty much all I can remember. It's a longshot, but does that ring anyone else's bells?

Was it boxhead: more rooms ?

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I remember in the 90s, some of my classmates installed a bunch of games on the school computer. One of them was a very basic 2d fps (wolfenstein graphics) where you ventured into a haunted mansion i think, to save your girlfriend(?). I remember when you defeated the enemies, they turned into a flower pot. Among the enemy types were witches and zombies if i recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hwurmp posted:

Nitemare 3D, maybe

it has a girlfriend but no flower pots

Wow! That was quick, thank you!